Old 11-28-2008, 10:42 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
OK you got me excited!!! Shoot me this guy's info, please!
Monie you going Bear hunting in Oregon?????
Old 03-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Antelope

We have some awesome spot & stalk bear hunting here in Alberta. The key is to hunt a zone that doesn't allow baiting. Glass the powerline and pipeline rights of way, and you'll see them. Two - three stalks a day is not uncommon, and the chances of success are very good. When those bears have their faces buried in the clover, sneaking in for a shot isn't real hard for a good bowhunter. Late August can be really good, and you'll see 25 - 30 bears in a week.

Gord
Old 03-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liege View Post
We have some awesome spot & stalk bear hunting here in Alberta. The key is to hunt a zone that doesn't allow baiting. Glass the powerline and pipeline rights of way, and you'll see them. Two - three stalks a day is not uncommon, and the chances of success are very good. When those bears have their faces buried in the clover, sneaking in for a shot isn't real hard for a good bowhunter. Late August can be really good, and you'll see 25 - 30 bears in a week.

Gord
I used to live in Grande Cache and it was all spot and stock.I always seemed to put alot of miles on looking for bears but its fun.I got my first bear there.

timba
Old 03-05-2009, 12:40 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Souza View Post
I know a couple of guides..It just depends on "how" you want to hunt. Most of the hunting here in Oregon is spot and stalk. The "non-resident" liscense is $76.00 and a black bear tag is $151.00. You have to put in for the spring tag in advance because they cap the number of tags for spring. Fall is right over the counter. The couple of guides I know run a success rate of about 80-90%!! For spot and stalk that is huge. I see several "shooters" every season. That would be bears in the 300lb range with skulls or 18 inches.
Steve Happenstahl is a excellent guide for blacktails and bears. I can get you his number if you are interested.
You got me fired up as well. Shoot me the info and I am definately interested.