Old 03-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Antelope

Headed to Alberta this September, do you dudes have a few more of those boys around?

Don
Old 03-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunter54 View Post
Headed to Alberta this September, do you dudes have a few more of those boys around?

Don
Lots of big mullies all over alberta
Old 03-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Antelope

Sheldon: You need to go west from Wainwright on Hwy 14 to Hwy 883, on the other side of the Battle River valley. Go north on 883 about 4 miles, watch for the sign to Lost Arrow, and then go west 1 mile, it's the first place on your right.

Don: Yeah, we've got lots of them. Which outfitter are you going with? Are you just hunting deer, or something bigger?

Gord
Old 03-02-2009, 11:36 PM
Muley

Very nice mule deer! I love those deep forks - and so does the score card.
Old 03-03-2009, 06:36 AM
Antelope

Gord

I will be hunting with Joe and Doreen Hubert in the Little Smokey area. We plan to fly into Grande Prairie and be there opening day which is Sept 17, I think. John Smith (hunting buddy) has hunted with them a number of times and I was up there in 1999. I hope to see John this weekend at our Dixie Deer Classic and get the final details. The only thing I know for sure is that the plane tickets are booked. Mule deer is the main thing we are after. We have talked about going back the next year for moose and/or whitetail. I would really love to have an elk one day, I understand that is an option with them. Not sure of the WMU yet, should be 521 or 360 near Hwy 43; but I could have some of this srewed up. You guys be sure and save a couple of those big boys for us.

Don
Old 03-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Antelope

Morning, Don: The elk should be going hard by the time you get there, and the moose will just be starting to think about the girls. That's great country up there, you should have a good hunt. I've never hunted up there, but I know some guys that do, and they seem to do well. Good luck, and let us know how you made out.

Gord
Old 03-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Antelope

I do not think we will be able to hunt anything but mule deer this trip. The other critters should be safe until the next time and with my luck, this year also. Last time in Alberta only produced a coyote but I have been wanting to try again. If you gentlemen are going to be in the area during the opening week, drop me an email.

Don
Old 03-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liege View Post
Sheldon: You need to go west from Wainwright on Hwy 14 to Hwy 883, on the other side of the Battle River valley. Go north on 883 about 4 miles, watch for the sign to Lost Arrow, and then go west 1 mile, it's the first place on your right.

Don: Yeah, we've got lots of them. Which outfitter are you going with? Are you just hunting deer, or something bigger?

Gord
thanks

Hopefully I'll get to meet you thursday.

sheldon
Old 03-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Antelope

Talking

Sheldon: As long as we don't have another dump of snow like we just got, I'll be there. I'm going to be on the quad tomorrow, pushing snow out of the driveway.

Don: If things go as planned, on the 17th of Sep, I'll be in moose camp in northern BC, chasing old "suitcase snout" with my bow. Hopefully, I'll have lots of photos for everyone to look at.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Antelope

Good luck with your moose hunt, I took one in Newfoundland in 2007. No record book but I am not complaining. I harvested a black bear in BC outside of Prince George, took a 5' but my buddy got a great cinnamon. Bad thing, we were elk hunting and never saw one.

Don

Last edited by nchunter54; 03-03-2009 at 09:56 PM.