Old 01-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Black Bear

Default TC for turkeys

Hey guys/gals anyone use a TC 12 ga. for turkeys. I bought a pro-hunter in 12ga. last year but not real happy with the way it patterned. I've got the factory tube in it and tried heavy 13 and federal flite control both in 3" . My old 835 did much better at 40 - 50 yards and I was shooting the same 3" ammo. through a truglo gobble stopper extreme tube.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Moose

I had a T/C 12 gauge muzzleoader. I used an H.S. Undertaker choke with 5 shot. Did you try Winchester Supremes? They seem to pattern well out of any gun.
Old 01-20-2009, 06:46 AM
Musk Ox

I also had the 12 gauge muzzleloader barrel and was not very happy with it. To be honest...I didn't give it a fair chance before selling it. I experimented only with #5 shot. I didn't feel like buying a bunch of shot until I found something that worked.

I shot the TC 20 gauge last year and was very impressed at 20ish yards. The pattern opened up way too much past that distance....but here is where more experimenting is needed because I only shot one type of ammo through it. They say the 20 gauge is a killa' out to 50 so I guess more experimenting is needed if I plan to use it again this year.

Never shot the 12 gauge.

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 02-05-2009, 05:47 PM
Black Bear

It's a hand full with 3" magnum turkey loads. It is so light it nice to carry around the mountains just make sure you have a good grip on the forarm before touching one off. I think I'll try a ported tube and see if that helps both pattern past 30 and recoll.