Old 01-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Whitetail

Send a message via Yahoo to archerynut78
Unhappy Question for Ralph

I was recently in a local pro shop here in the aurora IL area and was looking at the new alpha max. The only thing I did not like was that they only had the 50-60# model the tech there told me that no one wants to shoot over 60# anymore. And when I ask her if the bow would shoot as advertised she said no that is based on a 70# draw weight, Also when I ask how she would recommend setting it up at the 60# draw weight to get the most proficiency out of it she told me she couldn’t answer that question because that stuff wasn't important to her. I'm confused I thought the "pros" at the pro shop were supposed to be there to help why is it that I am more confused and undecided on a new bow now then when I went in there. I know Ralph is from the area and I was wondering if he knew of a pro shop in the near area that maybe able to assist me better or if anyone else has advice that would be great also.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Musk Ox

WOW!!! DO NOT....repeat...DO NOT return to that pro? shop.

Ralph is on the road for a while attending shows. I'm sure he can lead you in the right direction....you will just have to wait for his return. In the mean time....maybe someone else on here can help you out as far as finding a good shop in your area.

Check out Hoyt's website....there is a dealer search section. You might be able to find another shop close to you.

PS....I shoot 70 lbs. I guess I'm a nobody

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:00 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by firediver View Post
WOW!!! DO NOT....repeat...DO NOT return to that pro? shop.

Ralph is on the road for a while attending shows. I'm sure he can lead you in the right direction....you will just have to wait for his return. In the mean time....maybe someone else on here can help you out as far as finding a good shop in your area.

Check out Hoyt's website....there is a dealer search section. You might be able to find another shop close to you.

PS....I shoot 70 lbs. I guess I'm a nobody
I'll second that .. especially the last part.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:14 PM
Muley

Hello Everyone and sorry once again for the delay, we just finished up with the ATA, SHOT & SCI shows and now we are home, not hunting and I am bummed out BIG time But now I ahve to work and being on this computer is really hard for me.
OK, the Alpha Max is one of the best bows we ahve seen from Hoyt, they listened to everyone and with their engineers they came up with an incredable shooting, smooth lightweight bow that once you try it you are going to be shooting it.
I am sorry about the problems at any pro shop, the best thing you can do is go onto www.hoyt.com and check out all the dealers in and around your area and take the time to visit them and see which one treats and takes care of you the best and that is the one we would stick with.
The bow is awesome, it's smooth, quiet, fast and very forgiving! The POSSE is loving it and we too are pumped, it is shooting great a farther distances w/ our Bemans tipped with Hellrazors. If you are going to shoot the lower end of 60lbs then order a 60lb bow, I personally have personally always liked to shoot the limbs at max or close to it. When it comes to speed, you can make any bow faster, pre load the limbs, twist up cables, shoot lighter arrows, but the bottom line is we want a set up that is quiet, fast enough, forgiving and most of all accurate. That is what the AlphaMax will give you right out of the box, period! The bow shoots better than I could ever shoot! Please don't get caught up with speed, the AlphaMax does everything it states, but I still like shooting a heavier arrow so that I am going thru stuff. For example this winter I shot a good buck with my AlphaMax down with Eagle Lakes Outfitters in Pike in a food plot, my bow was set at 61lbs, 26.5 draw, Beman MFX 400 tipped with a new Spitfire MAXX 1 3/4 inch cutting broadhead and at 54 yards the arrow passed right thru the buck, he never knew what happened and only went 60 yards and down. By the way my arrow went completely thru and we couldnt find it. I was only shooting in the upper 50's of kinetic energy so you can see what this bow can really do at lower end poundage and shorter draw lengths. That is performance.... Hope this helps now go out and AlphaMax your next critter....
Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Muley

Send a message via AIM to nova scotia

there my minds made up