Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > BND - Bear'N Down

Old 01-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Muley

Default Ready for spring, and bear hunt

Any one else getting sick and tired of the cold and the snow and waiting for spring to go on spring bear hunt? We are trying Quebec again this spring, hopefully the weather will be alot better.

www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
www.bigbearscents.com/
www.bigwoodsbearbait.com
Old 01-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Bighorn

I've been filling my 2 freezers the meat scraps from the butcher shop the last week to get ready.Less then 3 months till it opens
Old 01-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Moose

It'd be nice...looks like I have to wait until fall.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 01-19-2009, 12:01 PM
Black Bear

YEA HALF TO WAIT TILL FALL THIS YEAR MAYBE NEXT YEAR I WILL HEAD BACK TO MAINE!!
HELLRAZORS
Old 01-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Musk Ox

Yeah about another month of this around here before the snow is mostly gone.

I wish I had a spring bear hunt set this year too - I haven't had the right opportunity yet present it self, maybe one might at the Ohio deer and turkey expo in March.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody View Post
YEA HALF TO WAIT TILL FALL THIS YEAR MAYBE NEXT YEAR I WILL HEAD BACK TO MAINE!!
lol...that's exactly where I am going...with ladybowhntr. Oxbow Lodge, to be exact.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 01-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Whitetail

I was just complaining today about the snow and cold here in Michigan. Last Wednesday it was MINUS 23 and it sounds like zero is going to be the high again this weekend.
Heading to Texas next month to hunt hogs and I can't wait. Last year it was 91 degrees while we were there. Will be nice to see the sun and feel the warmth.
Then we are off to Saskatchewan again this spring for bears. Hoping for a big blonde...not THAT kind =) lol
Old 01-20-2009, 09:02 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4PinkMuzzys View Post
I was just complaining today about the snow and cold here in Michigan. Last Wednesday it was MINUS 23 and it sounds like zero is going to be the high again this weekend.
Heading to Texas next month to hunt hogs and I can't wait. Last year it was 91 degrees while we were there. Will be nice to see the sun and feel the warmth.
Then we are off to Saskatchewan again this spring for bears. Hoping for a big blonde...not THAT kind =) lol

Thats what I'm holding out for now a blonde or a massive black.I do know were there is a nice choclate I saw this fall too.I'm going to try a new spot in sask.

timba
Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Whitetail

Default Come on Down 4pinkmuzzys

I'm born and raised here in Tx. and thought you would like to know the weather down here is "fine". Today and tomorrow around 79 degrees but Friday a front is coming through and supposed to knock it down to around 45 degrees. Burrr that's cold..............not for you guys up north though. Sounds like ya'll have definitely got enough cold weather to kill all the bugs. I'm headed to Alberta this spring for my first bear hunt.
Where are you going to hog hunt? I'm in the panhandle and we have been covered up with hogs. Just can't seam to kill enough of them to even make a dent in their population.
________
Drug testing

Last edited by GRM; 02-26-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:59 PM
Whitetail

We fly in to San Antonio and then travel to a ranch by El Indio. Last year was our first year at this ranch and it will be an every February thing now.
Awesome accomodations, food and lots of hogs. Had a bobcat at 20 yards for what seemed like forever last year and let it go. Still kickin' myself for that stupid move as you don't get a crack at one with a bow every day. Hoping one as nice as that ones shows up this year ...won't even think twice.
Snowing again in the great north today and cold moving in. Gotta love northern Michigan. if you don't like the weather, give it a minute and it will change.
Where in Alberta? We hunted bears there in 05.. Bear Hunting Magazine published the story of that hunt. Pretty awesome, first time bear hunt. Lots of great memories.
The greatest of all is Look UP in the trees around you BEFORE you climb in the stand.