Old 12-22-2008, 11:27 AM
Antelope

I've fished at many different resorts up there, and they all take excellent care of a guy or gal!!! It is something you should definitely try sometime. From the times I've went, just stay away from Late Jan. through Feb. December and March are the best. We've gone at times and caught hundreds of the Walleye/Sauger combo. We've done sleeper houses, as well as staying at the resort and having the bombardiers take us out. This year will be the first time our wives are going with so we will be staying at the resort. If you are ever interested I could get you some names of resorts we've used!!

When you go up to the Devils Lake Tourney which way do you go?? If you go North up Highway 20 from Jamestown you'll drive right through the heart of where I hunt!! Good Luck on that trip!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Caribou

We take 281 up to DL.
SLICK TRICKS
APEX NITRUS SIGHT
Old 12-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Antelope

Hoping to make it out next week sometime to chase some perch, and then walleye, bluegill and crappie's later on.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:16 AM
Caribou

Going out new years day to try to get some perch. I just bought a new strikemaster mag 8" auger, so time to put it to use.
SLICK TRICKS
APEX NITRUS SIGHT
Old 12-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Antelope

Good Luck Burr.!! Lakes are going to be damn tough up here!! Another 12" on the ground here in Abercrombie this morning so far!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Caribou

Just starting to snow here now, don't know how much we're supposed to get but you can keep most of it up there.
SLICK TRICKS
APEX NITRUS SIGHT
Old 01-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Caribou

I got a good deal on a ice shack last night. Its a 6' x 8' portable that folds up to 4' x 6' x 1' and fits in back of the pickup nicely. If the wind isn't blowing really hard this afternoon I might skip out of work early and try it out.
SLICK TRICKS
APEX NITRUS SIGHT
Old 01-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrhead View Post
I got a good deal on a ice shack last night. Its a 6' x 8' portable that folds up to 4' x 6' x 1' and fits in back of the pickup nicely. If the wind isn't blowing really hard this afternoon I might skip out of work early and try it out.
I've got a Shoremaster the same size that folds to the same dimensions!! Nice shack, and able to handle easily by myself! Late last spring I picked up one of the Fish Trap Thermals! I don't know if you've ever fished in or around one of them, but it's a heck of a house. A little on the heavy side, but they say on average they are 28 degrees warmer than the uninsulated and I have to agree!! Good luck and keep us posted on how you do. I'm in the middle of some major remodeling so it's going to be a while before I get out!!

I don't know how far you are from Waubay Lake, but I had a cousin that went there last weekend and limited out on 12-13"perch!!
Old 01-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Caribou

TS, It is a shoremaster, it works preety good, caught 7 crappies out of it last night. Gonna try it again tonite if the blizzard doesn't hit to early. Thanks for the tip on Waubay, will have to try to make it up there some time, its about a hour and a half away. Any reports from Devils lake, I know you guys have alot of snow up there, just wondering if theres anywhere to fish. Thanks
SLICK TRICKS
APEX NITRUS SIGHT
Old 01-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by burrhead View Post
TS, It is a shoremaster, it works preety good, caught 7 crappies out of it last night. Gonna try it again tonite if the blizzard doesn't hit to early. Thanks for the tip on Waubay, will have to try to make it up there some time, its about a hour and a half away. Any reports from Devils lake, I know you guys have alot of snow up there, just wondering if theres anywhere to fish. Thanks
I'll pick a few brains this weekend about Devils Lake!! I have a nephew that has been fishing stump which is now connected to D.L. . The fishing there has been hit and miss!! I have heard of guys spending more time stuck than actually fishing so?????????????????

Something I did on my shoremaster you might be interested in! Where the 2 holes are close together I took my jig saw and cut out a big piece of the plastic so the holes don't have to be so perfect!! Also I cut indoor/outdoor carpeting for the floor so it isn't quite so slippery. I never glued it down or anything and it did help a lot!!