Old 11-28-2008, 12:34 PM
Musk Ox

Default hahaha

I live in an older home on the edge of a big timber and we are good for at least one mouse per year in the house.

After discovering sign of one...I decided to try a new trap last night....a glue board that folds into a little box and contains a chemical that will put the mouse to sleepy time.

Well, I woke up this morning and one of the two traps was missing. My first thought was that I was successful and the wife disposed of the trap before heading out for her Black Friday shopping at 3am.

That thought lasted for about a second because there was no way she would even be in the same room with a mouse. So, the search was on. I looked all over for the second trap and when I found it....it was empty....sorta

I had managed to catch one.....and he spent the rest of the night chewing his way to freedom. He chewed away an entire corner of the trap and all that remains is a bunch of hair stuck in the glue.

So....now I have a pissed off mouse running around having a bad hair day

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:49 PM
Elk

I guess there wasn't enough of the "sleepy time" chemical in the glue. I bet that mouse looks pretty funky!
Old 11-28-2008, 03:03 PM
Antelope

Your lucky,I placed a similar trap under the sink,and the little feller managed to drag the trap close to the hot water line.Needless to say he chewed a hole in that gray plastic line they used to install in mobile homes,and since I drive semi-truck with no at the house at the time,the leak went undiscovered for a week.Came home to 2inches of water standing all over the house!!
Oh,yeah did I mention that the hot water was enough to soften the glue on the mouse trap,$4000.00 worth of damage and no @#$* mouse.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by firediver View Post
I live in an older home on the edge of a big timber and we are good for at least one mouse per year in the house.

After discovering sign of one...I decided to try a new trap last night....a glue board that folds into a little box and contains a chemical that will put the mouse to sleepy time.

Well, I woke up this morning and one of the two traps was missing. My first thought was that I was successful and the wife disposed of the trap before heading out for her Black Friday shopping at 3am.

That thought lasted for about a second because there was no way she would even be in the same room with a mouse. So, the search was on. I looked all over for the second trap and when I found it....it was empty....sorta

I had managed to catch one.....and he spent the rest of the night chewing his way to freedom. He chewed away an entire corner of the trap and all that remains is a bunch of hair stuck in the glue.

So....now I have a pissed off mouse running around having a bad hair day
Maybe he went shopping with your wife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coorsdrifter View Post
Your lucky,I placed a similar trap under the sink,and the little feller managed to drag the trap close to the hot water line.Needless to say he chewed a hole in that gray plastic line they used to install in mobile homes,and since I drive semi-truck with no at the house at the time,the leak went undiscovered for a week.Came home to 2inches of water standing all over the house!!
Oh,yeah did I mention that the hot water was enough to soften the glue on the mouse trap,$4000.00 worth of damage and no @#$* mouse.
OMG!!! LMAO!! I'm sorry, but that is too funny. I'm laughing with you, not at you!!! Did you send the mouse a bill?

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 11-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Bighorn

HEEEEEEeere I come to screw your day!!!!

Old 11-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Bighorn

LOL,I live on an acreage that sat empty for a few years before we bought it.I had traps and poison every in the drop ceiling in the basement(thats were they seem to be)but the one middle of the night she got up and was feeding the baby in the rocking chair and nodded off to sleep,she woke to a mouse nibbling on her toe She was a little choked and went to her parents farm that weekend, she was sitting on their couch and a mouse came out from between the cushions HAHAHA twice in one week

timba
Old 11-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Caribou

WOW....(firediver)....it took you awhile to find those mice I dropped off at your house ???? Wait I dropped off three!!!!!! Better go get a couple more traps..........
Old 11-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Caribou

hahaha, Lisa will be THRILLED if it finds it's way upstairs!

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick