Old 10-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullmoose38 View Post
Evening 2
We tried hunting there favorite acorn flat.
Are there acorns to hunt over down there? We have next to NONE up here, mostly just apples and whatever crops are around.

I did have a friend shoot a Poper (gross green score) in a stand of black cherry trees on Saturday though. He saw 20 deer, so if you can find a stand of those dropping cherries, you might want to try that out.

"I suppose it's the way of hunters. We are very odd fellows." ~ Peter Hathaway Capstick
Old 10-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Are there acorns to hunt over down there? We have next to NONE up here, mostly just apples and whatever crops are around.
Tons of acorns here.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Moose

Evening 3
Beautiful evening but not much activity at all. Did see 2 deer at about 2000 yards. Also had some corn shaking 150 yards away. Other then that nothing. Try again tommorrow.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Bighorn

Hang in there buddy!

I feel it... you'll have one down soon!
Old 10-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Moose

Day 4
Saw my first booner of the year! He had to be pushing 20lbs! Nice big fat groundhog. Another slow day nothing moving. Went spotting right after dark and all the deer were bedded already. We saw 2 7 points and the 10 in the area wwe hunted. The 10 point I believe is going to give us a chance. Saw him 5 straight days spotting on our property. Its a matter of time. I really didnt hunt him yet because I dont want to burn out the area I think he will be. Anyway we will go at it again tommorrow. I was debating to take the day off and sight in my muzzleloader though.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Musk Ox

keep at it bud. Lots of time left.

I'm movin some trail cameras around today to see what is going on in the back of the property.

I like to leave that area alone until the end of October...

We will see...
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights
Old 10-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Moose

Day 5
Same as yesterday no movement and the temp really warmed up. We hunted a field that wasnt farmed in over 20 years. So you can guess its pretty thick. We had some deer rustling around within 50 yards but they didnt want to show their face. Well tommorrow is another day.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:22 AM
Caribou

All I saw was skeeters buzzing around my face...I think I'm going to take a day or two off.
NAP Spitfires
Old 10-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Whitetail

We have been lucky enough to have a good beginning to our archery season here in Ohio. My wife/usual hunting/video partner, Danielle, is 2 weeks from her due date, so she really can't hunt much right now, other than from a ground blind, so she's only been out once, for an hour.

I have hunted once (opening evening), but have been filming for others quite a bit. Opening weekend (Sept 27th) was slow. Opening morning, we saw 3 fawns. Opening evening, I had 5-1 1/2 old bucks and 1 fawn walk past. We were after does, and they didn't cooperate that weekend.

On Thursday, October 2nd, I filmed my good friend Mike Cunningham and his 8year old son, Jarett, hunting from an Ameristep blind. That evening, Jarrett shot an 8 point, his first buck ever. He was, of course, ecstatic, as was his dad.

Saturday evening, October 4th, I filmed my friend and cameraman Jimmie Fouts shoot his first deer with bow, a mature doe.

The next evening, October 4th, I was filming my sister, Jill Garrison, and she shot a nice 11 point, her biggest buck to date.

I feel priveleged to have been there to share in all 3 of their hunts and lucky to capture it all on film, as well.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Moose

Day 6

Well it was really warm again! Saw a ton of squirrels and a house cat. Holly called me off we were out of camera light. Of course 2 doe came within about 10 yards. i did have my pin on the big one. But it wouldnt have been on tape. Well at least i know what a deer looks like again.