Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > The Choice

Old 04-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Bighorn

Default Finally!

A thread that I won't feel like a mooch on!!

OK... Brace yourselves. This is gonna be a list:

1) 12 ga semi auto Remmington with a full choke. MY gun from grampa. Awarded for passing Hunter's Safety at 12.

2) Grampa's 10 ga Browning. Inherited when grampa (my bestest goose hunting buddy ever) passed. He and I would freeze to death in Windsor, CO every year for 5 years straight with these guns in the goose bllinds we built from scratch.

3) 30/40 Krag bolt action. Grampa's deer rifle which passed to Dad, then passed to me, and eventually, my son Cale will get it.

4) .40 cal Ruger - This was my second service weapon. I carried it for 3years and never had to fire it in service, thank God. It replaced the .38 S/W my grandfather carried. I carried the .38 for a year before my Sgt requested I move to a semi auto.

Last edited by Colorado Rick; 09-15-2008 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Musk Ox

Almost 30 years ago, My wife(gal friend at the time) and I went into a hardware store out in the country for something or the other. Standing there in the rack, right inside the door, was a rifle that caught my eye. I couldn't stop myself! I picked it up, opened the bolt, looked inside, shouldered it and asked the store owner "How much?". I walked out 30 minutes later with a rifle, scope/mounts, 2 boxes of ammo and a pissed off gal friend. I don't think we got whatever it was we were supposed to be getting in the first place!

I still got both. The rifle and my best friend ever(even though the pissed off part still raises it's head occassionally), my wife. The rifle is a Interarms MarkX in 243. I wished I'd kept records of the numbers of deer and groundhogs I've killed with it! A season doesn't pass that it's not out and there hasn't been but one season when I didn't get a deer with it. That year I decided to handgun hunt only and didn't kill anything but time.

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 05-08-2008, 07:11 AM
Musk Ox

I've got a Mossberg 500 20gauge Youth Model. Had it for only a few years but I love it! My dad thinks I need to bump up to a 12gauge but I'm going to stick with my 20 for a little longer.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:12 PM
Whitetail

I have a few, I have taken my biggest animal to date with my .444 Marlin. It the same manufacture year as the one my Dad carried for years. I have both in my Gun cabinet now, Dads is retired until my sons are ready to hunt.

I guess #2 would be grandpa's Springfield A3-03. I learned how to hunt and shoot from him.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Antelope

im gonna have to say my 308 youth savage. my mom gave it to me and it was her favorite but after not finding a gun to fit me, she parted with it. i shot my very first deer with that gun (with my dad) and then i shot my fork with that gun (and one of our friends that took me). wow. the stories i could tell. but it drops em rite in their tracks, every time. i love this gun and wouldnt trade it for the world. THANKS MOM (bear1)!

2009 count
1 bear (bow)
1 turkey (20 gauge)

www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
www.bigbearscents.com
Old 08-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
All my guns are special. The one I like the best is the one I happen to be using at the time I "harvest" my game. Like my childern they are all unique. Special in there own ways. Perfect at what they do. And they do it beter then anybody elses. I look after them and they look after me. Just like my boys.
couldn't have sais it better!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:41 PM
Antelope

old single shot 410 that I killed my first deer with.

my dad is a preacher and has never hunted, when I was about 9 he sent me off into the woods with two of his deacons that hunted cause I wouldnt leave him alone about it. They ran two beagles and jumped up two does about 4 hours into the day and I ended up shooting one in the neck and killing it so the guy gave me the gun. I now take it out once a year to shoot a limit of tree rats with.

first and last time I killed a deer with,
1: dogs
2: my eyes closed
Old 09-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb View Post

first and last time I killed a deer with,
1: dogs
2: my eyes closed
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

http://www.huntsd.net/