Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > The Choice

Old 08-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Muley

Angry

Missed a big buck, caused I cleaned my Black Powder gun the night before the opener, and didn't bust a cap thru it.
Old 09-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Antelope

I would have to say duck hunting about 10 yrs ago, 20 min's loading the vehicle, 10 min drive and 15 min unload, 15 min paddle and 45 min setup. Got all settled in and waiting for legal shoot uncased the gun and reached into my bag for the shell's (NOPE) NO WHERE TO BE FOUND, forgot them at home. I was'nt impressed with myself and there was some not so nice word's comming from my mouth.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:48 AM
Muley

probably when i was 20,i was bow hunting in n. wisc. i had a red squirrel tail pinned to my hat. bugs were bad so i had a head net on and my hat over that .i was sitting in a tree watching for deer about an hour or so before dark,when i noticed somthing to my right ,not on the ground but in the air! it was a couple of talons coming for my head.ducked really fast droped my bow ,started falling out of the tree,was lucky enough to grab a limb and get back into my stand,and there on a branch sitting in another tree was a hawk with a kinda puzzled look on it's face,head turning side to side trying to figure me out,then flew away.ps safety harnesses were'nt too popular back then.----encore
Old 09-09-2008, 08:55 PM
Whitetail

Try taking pictures of a bunch of whitetails along the fenceline about 100yrds away. Then when I sit back down there's a fantastic 9-pointer just 15 yards looking right up at me.