Old 09-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
WOW! What baby arrows are you buying??
Hmmm . . . I think they are Whitetail brand. Not sure. I told the guy where I bought my bow that I liked carbon arrows and he cut a dozen for me and put the inserts in for me (I am assuming they are called inserts, the things you put in the end so you can put your broadheads).
-- Lucille Ball
Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va Hunter View Post
With the exception of the pink broadheads, I'm in the same boat where my younguns concerned. He's shooting 28 or 29 inch arrows compared to my 25.5" ones. Cool thing is his arrows shoot surprisingly well from my bow.
Look at the:
Mathews DXT IBO 322 FPS
draw from 24"-30" in 1/2" incerments
in 40,50,60,70 lbs
7" brace height
ATA 29 3/4"
Physical weight 3.75 lbs
http://mathewsinc.com
This is a great little bow, It's what im taking in the woods this year. This is there top of the line hunting bow this year, this would not be like settling for a youth bow. My uncle has also got one too in a 26" draw and loves it.

Also you can look at the mathews:
Ignition 278fps @ 26"/50 lbs
6 1/2" BH, 31 3/8 ATA, 19" to 26" in 1/2" incerments
Youth bow

Or

Mathews Prestige made for short draws that want speed.
322 FPS @29"
6" BH, 35 1/2 ATA 22-29" in 1/2" incerments

Take a kid out shooting. Try 3-D, they love it.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus- Now On Order!!!
FMJ
Scent Lok
Old 09-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
WOW! What baby arrows are you buying??
I like the Beman ICS hunter Jr. Picked some up last week for my daughter. Great arrow for bows under 40 lbs. and you dont go broke buying them. Not likes dads FMJ $$$ ouch!!! All my kids shoot the Hunter Jr now and Im suprised how well they hold up. Because they can, will and do hit every thing they should not.

Take a kid out shooting. Try 3-D, they love it.

Hoyt Carbon Matrix Plus- Now On Order!!!
FMJ
Scent Lok
Old 09-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Elk

I will look while I'm working tonight at the draw lengths of a few different bows. Most newer bows have draw lengths adjustable at 1/2" increments by changing out the modules.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 09-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va Hunter View Post
Rick,

I'm not offended by your help. Matter of fact...THANKS!

The young, uh, mmm, smarta$$ at the bow shop evidently didn't want to fool around with someone asking questions.

I've looked at the Parkers while out to our Sportsmans Warehouse. Not a bad little bow. The youngun across the street from me got one of the Edges for Christmas this year. Unfortunately it's a righty. Nice bow though. He's like a freakin RobinHood or something!

Thanks again
You should be able to order the lefty version of the Edge if ultimately that's what you go with. I've seen lefties at BassPro.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Caribou

VA

The reason most of the bows you see are in the 28 - 30 range is that when they test bows and publish speed results (IBO rating) They are tested at 30" draw length, 70# draw weight and a 350 gr. arrow so they are comparing apples to apples. Several manufacturers make shorter draw length bows and left handed models as well. I would recommend the Kobalt in the Hoyt line, it has an adjustable draw length and pretty sure it comes left handed. Tony and I bowfish with one in the springtime and I'll tell you even at 28" it really spits the arrows out pretty quick!

good luck on your search!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 09-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Elk

My Parker Challenger is set for 25 inch drawlength without a loop. I'm a lefty. It took to hogs in TX--complete passthrus both of them. I'm at 48#. I sure would like some pink muzzys, can't seem to find them here in WI. They would complement my hot pink and yellow fletchings!!!!

Rick, tell Caleb he has good taste!!!! Parker is a great bow.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybowhntr View Post
My Parker Challenger is set for 25 inch drawlength without a loop. I'm a lefty. It took to hogs in TX--complete passthrus both of them. I'm at 48#. I sure would like some pink muzzys, can't seem to find them here in WI. They would complement my hot pink and yellow fletchings!!!!

Here is where I got mine!!! I LOVE them! The guys laugh at me but oh well.

http://www.womenhunters.com/store/muzzy-pink.html
-- Lucille Ball
Old 09-08-2008, 01:49 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybowhntr View Post

You just keep rubbin it in about the hogs huh!?!

He picked that one himself. He lifted it off the rack, and said, "This is it."

I told him he should shoot it, and he says, "Well ok, but I already know." How cool is that??