Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > Archers Choice

Old 08-12-2008, 01:25 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandilands View Post
Depends where you live. Me about $1000. DIY of course but I have a cabin to stay at....... until they aren't nearby. Snowmobiles and quads if I please and a local guy who would (for lack of a better term) babysit me....... I mean lead. I'm just paying for gas, food and tags....... thats it.
Were do you go in manitoba?I would love to go some year,manitoba is a quick drive for me.

timba
Old 08-12-2008, 01:52 PM
Antelope

correct if wrong...

but you have to live in a specific area for both sask and manitoba. there are no out of province or alien hunters allowed.

Darton Pro 3000---Darton Wrangler---Elite GTO---Elite Synergy XT---Bowtech Allegiance---Archery Research AR-31---Carbon Express---Muzzy MX-3
Old 08-12-2008, 05:35 PM
Antelope

Hunted with Courageous Lake Caribou Camp in 2000 in the NWT north of Yellowknife. The flight itself was an adventure, only one airline that flew up there. We left NC 7:00am et and arrived 9:00pm mt with three stops. Great camp and filled both tags. Wall tents and great food.

http://www.courageouslake.com/

Hunted with Mirage in 2005 in Quebec north of LG4. Tagged out in two days, could have been in less than an hour. A number of bowhunters in camp that week, Ralph, Vicki, Michael Waddell and Marc Womack. Only thing I can say is great, first class operation.

http://www.pourvoiriemirage.com/engl..._chasse_an.cfm

Good luck with your hunt, drop me an email if I can help or if you would like pictures.

Don
doneason54@gmail.com
Old 08-12-2008, 05:40 PM
Antelope

Manitoba does allow non resident hunters for caribou. Hunters have to book through approved outfitters and are only allowed to hunt in area 1, Tags cost $343.46 for each tag you can shoot 2. The area that sandilands was likely refering to has woodland caribou not the barren ground which is more desired.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Whitetail

Last fall I hunted with Arctic Adventures at their Lake Innukshuk camp and there is no way that I can say enough about my hunt. Everything from the two nice bulls I took, the food, the guides, and companionship from everyone in camp. The icing on the cake was sitting on top of a huge stone ridge watching two arctic wolves chase down a small herd of caribou and pick out a big bull with a bad front hoof. It's a hunt I've relived over and over. I'd go again in a heartbeat. The cost of my hunt in 07 was $5500. I'll definately be back.