Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Muley

pbg40g - Roadrunner email client choked the other day and finally puked up 80 or so emails and yours was in there. Sorry for the delay in replying.

Check your email. The TWRA website has all the information. TN has some restrictions if you're hunting WMA's and refuges. Hounds aren't permitted in those areas. The Big South Fork is an area I've hunted several times as well as some private land between Clarkville and Clarkrange. I do hunt at the Clarkrange Hunting Lodge when I organize my spring hunt which usually pulls in 20-30 bowhunters each hunt.

There was one outfitter, The State House, who ran fair chase hunts out of the East Fork Stable area, Jeff Coggins, but died in 2004. I'm unsure if his partners are still guiding clients in that area which was, if I remember correctly about 10,000 acres. You can run a search to see if they're still in operation.

One of his partners, Phil Floyd does frequent Tradgang.com and you may possibly contact Phil for information regarding the operation or general information about the area.

I've found that sometimes it is a bit easier to contact some of the locals for specific info regarding location of some of the areas to hunt as many are broken up like the Wayne National Forest in Ohio.

I wish I could be of more help for you.