Old 01-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
FC, you have every right to be proud of your son. he's proof that good parenting still works.

our turn? OK, just remember, you asked. Our daughter got cancer at the age of 7. she was a fighter and after spending a year in the hospital, walked a way a winner against the cancer. unfortunately, she developed congestive heart failure from the chemo and radiation treatments. she looked like every other kid on the block. but she was far from it. at the age of 10, she had to have the ribs that cover her heart removed because the radiation had burned the nerves in her back where they attached to the spinal cord. she was a straight "A" student, was mentioned in the "who's who" in america HS students for her artwork. she got into rodeoing at age 14, and was very accomplished at barrel racing and goat roping. with a specially made chest protector and the Dr's OK and her begging. she attended college in NM at a college that specialized in rodeoing.
in january of '03, she entered a heart transplant center in san antonio, texas. after three plus months, she finally got her new heart. on april 23rd, after going thru all this, we lost our baby girl. we always were, and always will be, proud of our daughter.
WOW! She was SOME trooper!!
I'd be dang proud of her. I was a rodeo clown for 6 years and I can tell ya barrel racing and goat roping is far from being easy, much less easy on the body!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Caribou

FC, she begged us for years to let her do it. once they were able to make the special vest for her chest area, and the Dr telling us it was as safe as possible, we agreed to let her do it. lot of anxious moments.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Elk

TLC - I'm sorry for your loss. I will say a prayer for your family.

Farmcntry - Sounds great - Sounds like a keeper!

My 5 yr old is in Kindergarten. Can read on his own and has been reading words since before school started. He can add and subtract in his head. He can look at cars going down the highway and tell you exactly what kind it is in many cases. He can count to 1000. He can also count backwards, by 5's and by 10's. All he ever wants to do is help. He wants my truck when he gets bigger so that he can go to work every day and go hunting with daddy. He shot his first bullseye with his Genesis bow set at 10# a few weeks ago. We spend a lot of time on the couch (our deer stand) watching the outdoor channel. He shoots the TV screen with his gun or bow that shoots suction cup darts/arrows/bullets. They stick to the screen. If he hits the animal he has to high-five me. He can't wait to go to the woods with me. He's such a great kid. He plays basketball, T-ball (2 years so far), soccer (2 years so far), and now plans to play football in 1st grade. I miss him when I'm not around him. He's my buddy.

Jake at 4 yrs old
Jake2 at RMEF.jpg
Click for larger image

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak

Last edited by Great White Hunter; 01-16-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Caribou

GWH, you sound as if you have yourself a lil keeper yourself. sounds like you are teaching him the right way. congrats to you. and thank you also.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to Cherokeechass

TLC-I couldn't imagine having to go through that heartache! I lost my first child (son) when I was 5 1/2 months pregnant. I couldn't imagine what you felt.
farmcntry you have alot to be proud of!!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Black Bear

Send a message via MSN to mnsqueeze

[ we always were, and always will be, proud of our daughter.[/QUOTE]

TLC , and im sure she is saying the same thing right now, about her mom and dad.,im so sorry ,.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Caribou

thats one cool kid you got there....i'd be proud too......