Old 08-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Bighorn

Default griz pics

I can't remeber if I posted these before or not.I came across them in my email,a freind of mine took them with his camera phone.

They are up in Yogi's area,look out
Old 08-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Antelope

wow. i bet u used the zoom on those pictures. no way would i be getting close to a grizzly.

2009 count
1 bear (bow)
1 turkey (20 gauge)

www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
www.bigbearscents.com
Old 08-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Antelope

Send a message via ICQ to yogi

ifin i can get the wife to help .. i have a video of a sow griz and three cubs last fall.. we seen a total of eight differant griz in one day .. ohh and by the way did you all hear about the guy the got attacked by a sow griz last fall... a guy out scouting in sept 2007 was attacked by a sow griz that had three cubs .. and he killed her with a 6 inch hunting knife.. he did suffer a few bites and a couple broken bones but lived to tell about it. that took place about a mile from where we seen another sow griz and three cubs ..
Old 08-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi View Post
ifin i can get the wife to help .. i have a video of a sow griz and three cubs last fall.. we seen a total of eight differant griz in one day .. ohh and by the way did you all hear about the guy the got attacked by a sow griz last fall... a guy out scouting in sept 2007 was attacked by a sow griz that had three cubs .. and he killed her with a 6 inch hunting knife.. he did suffer a few bites and a couple broken bones but lived to tell about it. that took place about a mile from where we seen another sow griz and three cubs ..
I heard about that some were but can't remeber if it was when I was still up in GC

timba
Old 08-06-2008, 08:57 AM
Musk Ox

Thanks for sharing those pics of the Griz.

Totally unpredictable and one I am not sure I could drag myself close enough to send an arrow into it's vitals. Read too many Griz attack stories. Especially after watching last weeks show of Maximum archery where the Griz charged the group and the PH had to shoot the bear at 10 yards and closing. Andy Ross looked wipped!

Last edited by Bow Drawn; 08-06-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:58 AM
Bighorn

Amen to that BD!

Cell phone even!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Musk Ox

According to some of the shows I've seen, where somebody with less sense than me, goes after a grizz with stick and string, there's always somebody standing really, really close that toting a BIG GUN! Ya'll ever watch Tred Barta? He hunts with some big ole boy that totes a Bennelli Auto loaded full of slugs and buckshot. Anyhoo, Tred sticks a grizz. The grizz has a thing or 2 to say about. Big ole boy shoves Barta over in a ditch and steps up to bat with the shotgun. Grizz folds after taking a step or 2, Barta gets out of the ditch and looks kinda embarrassed. Big ole boy just grins!

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 08-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Va Hunter View Post
According to some of the shows I've seen, where somebody with less sense than me, goes after a grizz with stick and string, there's always somebody standing really, really close that toting a BIG GUN! Ya'll ever watch Tred Barta? He hunts with some big ole boy that totes a Bennelli Auto loaded full of slugs and buckshot. Anyhoo, Tred sticks a grizz. The grizz has a thing or 2 to say about. Big ole boy shoves Barta over in a ditch and steps up to bat with the shotgun. Grizz folds after taking a step or 2, Barta gets out of the ditch and looks kinda embarrassed. Big ole boy just grins!
I saw that show...

I can't stand Tred Barta

Big ole boy should have let the griz at least chew on him awhile...

The hard way....the Tred Barta way!!!!
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights