Old 07-10-2008, 12:44 PM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeechass View Post
You should've been on our first trip to Cabela's- over 3 hours to get there and maybe an hour and a half to get back! I was not driving!
OOOHHHH!!! Our first trip to Cabela's was for the grand opening in Fort Worth. We had to leave at 4 am because the guys said it would take 4 hours to get there and they had to be one of the first 300 in the door to get a knife. We left at 4 and we were test driving a suburban that weekend. I was driving and had mapped out the trip the day before. We were there a little after 7—and that included stopping for breakfast! The second trip was with a different couple and HE drove (and drove and drove and drove). It took us 4 hours and 45 (more like 42 or 43 probably but I rounded up) minutes (I know because I was timing it!!). Now I drive whenever we go on long trips. It saves my sanity!
-- Lucille Ball
Old 07-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to Cherokeechass

Well on the way home some idiots started messing with us (I haven't a clue why). Well Billy tends to get road rage sometimes-well these guys pulled up beside us and the guy in the passenger seat looked like he just escaped from ZZTopp. They pulled off on the next exit and were trying to get us to follow them. Yeah right! I just gave them a courtesy wave with my finger and we went on home. It was really weird.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:58 PM
Whitetail

Speaking of houston extravaganza, anyone going to the San Antonio extravaganza this weekend? We won tickets so we are for sure now, but are bummed that ralph and vicki won't be there this year. we hadn't really heard of many of the guests this year actually.
Oh, before I forget, the following is an email I received in response to my email to the little boy Seth from the thread about "Something worth while..." If you all get a chance, please read about it and send him a word. His mom was greatful for the response. Here's what she wrote back to me:

Thanks for the link and for the sweet message. Seth truly enjoyed his outing, even though he did not feel the best in the world. It was a great time with some great new friends and great memories were made that will last a lifetime. Thanks so very much for your note.

Dawn Harris (Seth's Mom)
Old 07-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr

We are going to the one in Houston in August. Wonder why they are not on three consecutive weekends like they usually are? The guest speakers for all three of them can be found here

http://www.ttha.com/extravaganza.asp#

Just click on Guest Speaker Schedule. When I found out Ralph and Vicki are not going to be there, I was bummed. In fact, I don't think anyone from RealTree is going to be there this year. I could be wrong but did not recognize anyone on the speaker list.
-- Lucille Ball
Old 07-10-2008, 04:42 PM
Elk

my question on whose moose was bigger is this:

Which moose dressed out with more edible meat? THAT moose was bigger, no matter what the antlers look like!