(Makes 3 flat loaves about 10" in diameter and 1/2 inch thick)
5 c flour
2 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp melted butter
2 c milk
Cooking oil for frying bread
1. Sift 4 cups of the flour with the baking powder and salt.
2. Combine milk and melted butter.
3. Place flour/baking powder mixture in a large bowl and add the liquid ingredients, a little at a time, beating them in at first with a egg beater.
4. When 4 cups have been worked into a soft dough with the milk, lightly flour a board with part of the remaining cup of flour. Turn the dough onto the board and knead lightly, working in the rest of the flour.
5. Divide the dough into three parts and shape each into a round pone about 1/8 inch thick and a diameter to fit the skillet you plan to fry the bread in.
6.Pour enough cooking oil into the skillet to measure about 1/4 inch deep.
7. Heat the oil then brown the breads quickly, one at a time until golden on both sides.
8. Cut into wedges and serve at once.
If you're not leaning, no one can let you down.