Old 06-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Bighorn

Default Well... the verdict is in.

Hello all.

Just dropping an update to the hunt in July.

As much as it pains me to type this, I'm afraid we've been mathematically eliminated from the action. Cheri and I sat down with the bills, and we've done the math. The money just isn't there lilke we were hoping.

The surgery, ER visits, and other things all at once are what killed it for us. The timing just wasn't right I guess. We're all pretty disappointed as one can imagine and it sucks, but it is what it is.

I am going to try and reschedule for Cheri and Cale, but I'm afraid I'm out in that case. Because I am on a special team at work, I can't move my scheduled vacation time around. The time I got is the time I get.

I hate Murphy and his stupid friggin law.

I guess it'll work out. It gives Cheri a chance to heal up better, and we can continue to practice and work out any kinks that would have crept up with the bows and shooting.

Thanks all for hanging in there with us and I hope we can get something worked up for them.
Old 06-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Bighorn

thats to bad,but I'm sure things will work out in the end.

timba
Old 06-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Elk

Man, I am sorry to hear this!!! But God works in mysterious ways and there is a reason we (you) may never know why July is not the time for you to go. There is something out there, between where you are and where you will be in Tx that He did not want you to be apart of. Remember the time you were a couple minutes late for something, or you couldn't find something you knew where it was the night before and it made you run late getting out of the house? Then you come upon an accident that makes the hair on the back of your neck rise. And you think,"Thank you God, it could have been me".
You'll know when the time is right.
Good luck with your recoveries and your practicing. Never enough time to practice and you can never practice too much. (Unless your practicing poor form!!!)
Old 06-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Black Bear

hang in there Rick it will all work out in the long run.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:04 AM
Musk Ox

Rick,
I know it sucks! Like stated above, things happen for a reason. Ya'lls hunt will come back around.

Rigt now, just take care of what needs taking care of and bide your time. Maybe the Man upstairs is adding a bunch of weight and ivory to that hog you were going after!

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 06-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Musk Ox

Hey at least you can do the Math and made the right decision.
Look at this on the bright side and things will find away.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Elk

I can feel for you Rick. Maybe later I'll post some of what's going on on this end of the world and you'll understand.
Just be assured that I understand where you are coming from (at least partly) and, like you said, God is in control, and He knows best, no matter what it looks like from our side of things.