Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > BND - Bear'N Down

Old 06-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Whitetail

Default How's the bear hunting around the Lynn Lake area of Manitoba?

First of all, hello too all. This is my first post with you guys and gals. Just want too know how the hunting is going up northern Manitoba? I'm booked with Grey Owl Oufitters on the spring of 2009. Last of may, and first of June. They are out of Lynn Lake, Manitoba. This will be my first spring bear hunt.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:22 AM
Muley

If it is anything like Thompson ( close by) you should do great. I saw a 600 lobs. bear out of Thompson last year. I was already to go again this spring when the day before a horrible emergency prevented me from going. Will be going with Cory Grant of ATBH. One of the best.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Muley

Well Deer310sg, I think you picked the right time of yr. Spring was late this yr and the bears in the south MB weren't all that active until late may. You are far enough north where the bears would have little if any pressure from hunter's except maybe your outfitters. All I have to say is bring a thermacell and be prepared for lots of ticks. You'll do fine....... all you have to do is wait.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:49 AM
Bighorn

welcome to the board

timba
Old 06-17-2008, 05:39 PM
Whitetail

Thanks for the reply's guys. Spring of next year can't come soon enough!
Old 06-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Antelope

I just got finished guiding for the spring season and the bears were moving really well this last two weeks every one seen a hog bear and we killed 2 this last week over 20" spring is definetly the time to see big bears but they have lost alot of weight over the winter the fall is when you'll get the heavy weights
Old 06-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Muley

Default Lynn Lake

I'll give you a little background on Lynn lake and if you want more let me know at bcmurphy@mts.net
I have lived in Northern Manitoba for 8 years now and have guided the Thompson and Leaf rapids area. Lynn lake is the end of the road literally! It's on Hgy 391 which is actually HGY 6 straight North and less than 2 hours from leaf rapids. You cannot drive any further than Lynn Lake unless it's in Winter on a snow road to tadoule Lake.

There have been some big bears taken in that area and bring a fishing rod as Lynn lake has excellent pike and walleye fishing. Do you know if your outfitter bought out Ace outfitting in Lynn lake or have they been established for a while just curious.

The town is an old mining town that shut down years ago. Start making a list of items you need and buy them as there are no big stores there so you have to have everything with you. A thermacell is a must, I know some outfitters don't like them- See my post on Therma -cells.
Any way take care and happy hunting.

Murph