Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Musk Ox

Default Funnest trip ever!!!!!!!!!!!

WOWZA.........I wasn't sure how I would enjoy hog hunting in Texas......BUT NOW I'M HOOKED!!!!!

What a trip...........and was it hot!!! 100 degrees every day!!!

I'm going to do something a little different with this post. Instead of going into all of the details of our day to day activities, I'm gonna' leave that for another time and talk about something much more important.

I am going to talk about the wonderful new FRIENDS I have. This trip has changed me......a change for the good. This trip reinforced that there are still good people out there..........DARN GOOD PEOPLE!!!

From getting a chance to hunt with Joe Rush for the first time, to a couple of posse members I met for the first time, to a friend of theirs that joined us for the trip, and to our hosts and their families......what an unbelievable experience. We laughed together, shed a few tears together (happy tears) and I feel I made friends for life.

I always tell people that we really only have a few TRUE FRIENDS. My list got bigger this weekend!!!!

So, to Joe, Kevin, Bucky, Steve, Jay, Barefoot Bob, Brandi, Hunter and Chase........THANK YOU FOR AN EXPERIENCE THAT WAS LONG OVER DUE.

If all goes well....I'll be posting a mini-series of our adventure on the AC Hunting Diary.

Until then.........these pictures will have to do

This photo is of the 5 of us that spent our life savings to keep the gas tank full on Bucky's Hummer as we were getting 8 mpg in a strong head wind

Joining us in this photo is Jay's father "Barefoot" Bob (left), our host Jay (middle) and Chase (right)

Here is me with my first hog......I'm the one wearing the hat

Here is me with my second of two hogs for the trip. This guy tipped the scales at 250.

Here is posse member Kevin with a WHOPPER. He is joined in the photo with Hunter. Hunter is 15 and it was his first hunt ever as a guide!!!! (This was an amazing, and well documented hunt via. 3 different camera angles) You will be hearing more from me on this hunt!!!!

Here is posse member Bucky with a healthy supply of bacon. He took all three hogs during our first morning hunt. You should see the footage!!!!

Here is Steve (friend of Kevin and Bucky), along with our host Jay with one of his amazing dogs. Steve is one crazy Sum-B and a heck of a nice guy.

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.

Last edited by firediver; 06-03-2008 at 08:07 PM.