Old 05-19-2008, 09:27 AM
Bighorn

Default bears

I always sit in my bear stand alone and this weekend I have a buddy I work with wants to go out with me.I would like him to come out and get his first bear(there is a 5 footer at the bait he wants)

So far I only have pics of the this littler bear but I'm sure there is a bigger one around cleaning out my bait.

Question I have if he shoots the bear with his bow around 6pm what are the chances of any more bears maybe comming in if there is a dead one in the area so I can maybe have a shoot latter in the evening?

timba
Old 05-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Musk Ox

I've watched several shows where a hunter and cameraman switched and scored a double!!!!

Back in 2003, I shot a bear in Sask. that ran only 20 feet before falling over. I had 2 other bears come in before the guide showed up.

Also, I've seen shows where a big bear came in a tried to drag a dead bear off.

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:46 AM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by firediver View Post
I've watched several shows where a hunter and cameraman switched and scored a double!!!!

Back in 2003, I shot a bear in Sask. that ran only 20 feet before falling over. I had 2 other bears come in before the guide showed up.

Also, I've seen shows where a big bear came in a tried to drag a dead bear off.

awesome thats good to hear,I didn't think a bear would be trying to drag off another one to eat.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:13 PM
Bighorn

I can only speak to the shows I've seen too, but yesterday we watched a guy drop blondie... then just as he was getting down from the stand, a cinnamon came in to check things out.

Strangest thing because you'd swear the gunshot would have sent anything else running. Nature... what are you gonna do??
Old 05-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Caribou

My first bear hunt ever I shot a blonde while 2 other bears were on the bait, they never left but I had to yell at them to keep from chewing up my bear (it died about 10 yds from the bait and death moaned pretty loud) I even shot the bait barrel with a judo to make a loud noise....nothing they just looked around like what what that The next year I killed the 2nd bear that came in, it ran off and died (no death moan) and 15 minutes later the 1st of 3 more bears came in. I think you should be ok, just don't climb down to recover it until you are done hunting.

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Musk Ox

Yeah same here. I arrowed my first bear there where two others on the bait, three total. Mine ran 40 yards and gave a death moan two or three times. The other two hung around eating a while. 20 minutes after they left two more shooter bears showed up with a crease in the forehead and a waddle to their walk and I'm swearing at myself for shooting the larger of the three earlier bears. I forgot my crystal ball again.

I'd guess it may bring in Mr. Big for you if he shoots the five footer first.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Antelope

Timba the boars will eat any other small bear that is dead especially if it's another boar. Also if you have to skin your bear out in the bush if it's a mature boar the bait will go stale for quite sometime unless you can remove the carcass other bears will still smell the boar in the area and steer clear.