Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > BND - Bear'N Down

Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Muley

Default Biggrass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bow Drawn View Post
Can you share with us that web site address? Manitoba has got to be one of the top five places for quality large black bear.

When you get back tell us how it went.
It is biggrassoutfitters.com. I will let you know.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Muley

Default Bear hunts

Here is my list...

1. Alberta...Trophy book outfitters (was there in 2007...shot a 300 lbs. 6.2")...Canadian hunting Company (going in a month...GREAT area and references...incredible area right outside Wood Buffalo...in fact..the only outfiiter that borders is here)

2. Manitoba....I dont think you can beat "All Terrain Bear Hunts" with Cory Grant. Saw a 600lbs. MONSTER there last year...going back for him possibly this June. I am REALLY surprised that Ralph and Vicki havent been there yet.
Aso, Bloodvein Outfitters...MONSTER bears taken every year.

3. Newfoundland....My next venture will be there. Bill Vaznis (Editor of Bear Hunting Magazine said the next world record Black Bear will come from here).

Last edited by broadfieldpoint; 04-12-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadfieldpoint View Post
3. Newfoundland....My next venture will be there. Bill Vaznis (Editor of Bear Hunting Magazine said the next world record Black Bear will come from here).
There are monsters there for sure. I go hunting/visiting there when I can and am going for a duck hunt this fall. I also used to help an old timer guide bear there and I know first hand the size of the bears there. The population really took off once the train stopped running there...and the locals are not big into hunting bears.

Darton Pro 3000---Darton Wrangler---Elite GTO---Elite Synergy XT---Bowtech Allegiance---Archery Research AR-31---Carbon Express---Muzzy MX-3
Old 05-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Muley

Thumbs up Manitoba Outfitters

There are dozens of outfitters in Manitoba most are great, some not so good. I guide in Northern Manitoba for bear. This hunt can be a dream of a lifetime or a nightmare.
Make sure you check out the outfitter first before putting down money, check out references ( ask for them) ask for all costs involved, including caping, trophy fees, Bear tag fee, guiding tips, is food and lodging supplied and what exactly are the meals and the lodging like? ( you don't want weiner soup every day!)

How long is the hunt?

Baited or stalking

How long have they been in business?

HOW MANY HUNTERS DO THEY HAVE AT ONE TIME!!!!( too many means you're just a number and no personalized service )

Do they advertize in Bear Hunter Magazine? (Just shows more reliability,not a fly by night business).

Are you looking for the roughing it camp or a nice homemade meal and a great soft bed after a long night in the stand.

Who will be your guide? How much experience does he/she have? Have they ever hunted?

Does the outfitter have bowhunters as well as rifle/ muzzleloader/ slug?

Ask about their baits, what are they using?

Just remember you are paying for this hunt. An outfitter cannot guarantee you will get a bear, but should be able to guarantee you an opportunity and a great experience.