Old 04-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Muley

Default cheap is good

Wow, Marty! Thanks for all that great info!! I've been looking into these things. I was thinking of getting the cheap ones for the land I hunt - public. I figured it was easier to lose $35.00 than it is to lose $350.00.

I lost a tree stand last year too. Freakin' thieves. Get a freaking job and get your own. monie......cheap is good....the cheap wildveiw is nice...just have to remember it is mossion(spelling stinks..sorry)..sencer...so dont cover it... with things that cant move...lots of pictures of dead grass....but it works nice...and it works in warm to cooler weather...50/90..some times it can even work colder...the cheap moltrees are heat atvated...and dont work as well when it warmes up..... its a shame you have to hide thing to keep them safe....thats why ive started to make my owen again...not as safe..but i havent had a home mabe one stolen.........ever....they have dostroyed them ..but never stolen them...have fun hunting ...and stay safe........marty
Old 04-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Moose

Thanks for the tips!!

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 04-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Caribou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monie View Post
Wow, Marty! Thanks for all that great info!! I've been looking into these things. I was thinking of getting the cheap ones for the land I hunt - public. I figured it was easier to lose $35.00 than it is to lose $350.00.

I lost a tree stand last year too. Freakin' thieves. Get a freaking job and get your own.
I've been lucky and haven't had anything stolen YET. Where I normally hunt there are quite a few hunters in the woods and everyone looks out for everyone else's stuff. The stands are left alone and so far there have been no problems. But, that's not to say that it never can happen. I get nervous leaving my camera near heavily traveled areas.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Muley

Thumbs up stolen..

yes most of the hunters i have met are good people....but like anybody else ..some are bad apples...sometimes its other people..nonhunters..paintballers ...of just those muchroom hunters..... i try not to let it get me down...the last time was from a company in naperville..taking air and soil samples...got pics. and they left one of there air sampling units out there by mistake....i tracked the ser. number down and asked them if they wanted it back...YES...we will send someone right away...so i asked them to bring back my stands...lhat was the last time i heard from them...anyone need a organic vapor meter?..........marty