Old 03-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Black Bear

Default Quinault hunts

Just watched a show about bear hunting in the Quinault Indian reseration in Washington. Looks like a bunch of big bears there. Anyone hears anything about this area. I guess they recently opened up to hunteres outside the tribe in order to get there bear numbers down because the bears are doing millions of dollars in damage to there forestry industry. Looks like a good bear hunt.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:11 PM
Bighorn

I'm not sure about that area but I was talking to my hunting parnter and we got some info from a guy that hunts in the forest in sask which is in the indian resever and the top 4 record black bears in sask have been shot there.We are going to see if we can set up in there,no outfitters around either.

timba
Old 03-19-2008, 01:41 PM
Musk Ox

I was thinking the same thing after seeing my 4th show filmed there. It probably does have some big bears. I contacted the outfitter running the bear hunts in the Quinalt reservation and in my opinion it's not very user friendly and the price is up there too boot.

Saskatchewan does have some great black bears. I hunted up there twice with Black bear island lodge outfitters and they run a great place. It's on Cree reservation land and the guides are all Cree.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Black Bear

yes I contacted there outfitter as well and it does not seem worth the price. Also I guess there agreement runs out with the reservation after this year. They are refiguring the bear numbers to decide whether or not they are still going to hunt there.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Muley

Typically...large to monster bears will be found near or on Indian property. Why?...they dont will NOT hunt them. Religion.