Old 04-05-2008, 12:34 PM
Caribou

Default Early kill

I noticed on the first A/C episode that Ralph took his moose on the first day of the seven day hunt. I know that after he shot his moose then he will pick up the camera to film for Vickie .

My question is, when you all travel on a hunt and you bag your animals early in the hunt what do you do for the rest of the time in camp? I could see taking care of the game might take a day but what about the rest of the week? Fishing, lounging?
Old 04-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Elk

He has to keep up with Vicki. Believe me, it is alot of work on his part!!! I saw Vicki's part of the hunt at the Madison show. Sorry but I was sworn to secrecy. Just suffice it to say they did alot of work and Ralph was keeping up!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 10:31 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybowhntr View Post
He has to keep up with Vicki. Believe me, it is alot of work on his part!!! I saw Vicki's part of the hunt at the Madison show. Sorry but I was sworn to secrecy. Just suffice it to say they did alot of work and Ralph was keeping up!!!

Yep I think it's a good question but it doesn't answer the question, if you do kill early what do you do for the rest of the hunt?

Last edited by Bow Drawn; 04-14-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Antelope

I am headed to Saskatchewan in a few weeks for Bear Season and if I tag out on the first day, I will lounge around camp, fish and help the guides do some biting for my fellow hunters in camp. Just treat it like a vacation and enjoy yourself. Take plenty of film and go sit on stand with your camera.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Muley

I can tell you even when we are normally done in camp, if we are aloowed we go check other sites out, help around camp, shoot our bows, play with equipment and there are times we even may try to leave out of camp ealry, only if it doesn't cause any problems with the outfitter. Many times on our own we will do some scouting for the next year, film other people or try and get more scenics and photos.
If you are done on a hunt and scheduled to head out at a certian time make the best of it and help the guides, skin, cook whatever or just relaxe and enjoy the time away for the everyday hustle and bussle. It is all what you make it and want it to be, this is why we do it!
Old 04-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr

I have yet to tag out/reach my limit on the first day (nor by the last day) of a hunt -- is that luck or who you know?
-- Lucille Ball