Old 04-28-2008, 05:07 AM
Antelope

Default Another Canada question??

I am leaving for Saskatchewan May 11th and I was wondering what most of you take in the form of money? I was wondering if I should use my Visa card, Bank ATM card, Travelers Checks or Cash? The only thing I have to pay for is my Firearm Declaration fee, Hunting license and Stamp besides what we decide to buy in town or at the airport. Also what is the going rate for a guide tip?

Thanks in advance
Chad
Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Caribou

Credit card is usually the best because you get the best exchange rate at gas stations and such but I usually keep some cash just in case. When I go to SK we usually drive and most places will accept US currency but they usually hammer you on exchange rates. I usually give my guide $200-$400 depending on situation, take into consideration what they do for you and how hard they work whether you get a bear or not. What part of SK are you going to ?

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Musk Ox

Let your credit card company know that you will be traveling to Canada!!!

REAL PEOPLE.
REAL HUNTING.
REAL ADVENTURE.
Old 04-29-2008, 04:16 AM
Antelope

Quote:
Let your credit card company know that you will be traveling to Canada!!!
I am going to do that this morning. My wife works at a bank and said that if I make purchases all of a sudden in Canada, they are likely to cancel the card thinking it was stolen. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
What part of SK are you going to ?
We are hunting with Kim Tiringer at Larson Lake Outfitters in Spiritwood, SK.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:02 AM
Antelope

I called my Credit Card company and told them the dates that I would be in Canada and they made note on my account.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:00 AM
Antelope

Firediver that was a great comment!!
Ralph and I are always forgetting to let them know and then they suspend our account until I give them a call and let them know it is really us!! Calling them on a cell phone fromout of the US is a real pain and expensive!

ACPosseTim - you hit the ball on the head too!! Charge whatever you can on your charge card for the best exchange rate. The local gas stations/grocery store will not give you that days exchange rate, it will be whatever they set up in the computer, and with our dollar being close to the same as theirs, you'll end up losing money!! (I hope that made sense!)

Buckfever4life - Good luck on the bear hunt!! Let us know how it turns out!!

Vicki C