Old 09-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Whitetail

Send a message via Yahoo to archerynut78
Default deer processing info???

hey guys i know you had at one point owned a shop in berwyn, IL.. I am living in the Mchenry area and am fairly new to the area but was wondering if you could recomend a good deer processor in the area for the up coming season...I will be mainly hunting out of des plaines in Wilmington but would rather find one a lil closer to home..and assistance you can offer is greatly appreciated
Old 09-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Caribou

Hello, I actually live in Harvard. There are a couple I would suggest. Jones's deer cooler in Woodstock (although I think they changed owners this summer and it's rumored that they are no longer going to process deer) Or the other one I use is Garry Johnson in Capron (just west of Harvard) I have his number, let me know if you want it and I'll PM it to you. Good luck this fall....only 2 weeks now!!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 09-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Whitetail

Tim thanks a lot bud. Yeah if you could send me that number i would appreciate it..Also if you know of any spots to hunt up this way with public access that may be closer than shabbona or Des plaines that would be great to..i did draw to hunt moraine valley the weekend of thanks giving but other than that cant really find any public access around here so anything you can offer up on that front as always is greatly appreciated
Old 09-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Whitetail

hey tim dont worry i found a guy in fox lake 85 for complete package
Old 09-26-2010, 10:41 PM
Caribou

Sorry, I missed your initial reply. Thats a pretty good price, I think my guys is typically more but he makes some awesome sausage!! I'll try and get a list of some public spots near here, there are a few but not that many and some are hard to get in to.

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 09-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Caribou

Good luck finding the one you like. I used and have used processors but I also have at it with at least one deer a year. Takes time but if you have a friend to help with the instructions it is handy to be able to do it on your own. It came in handy on a long distance trip. I got the deer all done, slipped the parts into a seal-a-meal deal and threw the project into a cooler. When I got home 1500 miles later the meat was frozen solid and all set to be place into the deep freezer until I needed them for cooking

George Johnson, Ladder 157
Dan McWilliams, Ladder 157
Bily Eisengrien, Rescue 2Scott Strauss NYPD ESU