Old 08-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Musk Ox

Default Ralph noticed something question for you

On the front of Cabelas Archery catalog you are at full draw and I noticed no peep in the string. So what's up with your setup - not using a peep?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:07 PM
Caribou

I don't personally shoot this setup but have shot one like it before. Not trying to speak for why Ralph shoots this, but If you look close he is using a kisser button. A peep is just another way to verify your anchor point, much like a kisser button does. If you anchor consistenly enough, you should be able to shoot accurately without using a peep sight. A benefit of not using a peep is better vision (not trying to look through a small hole to see your front sight.) in low light conditions. Hope this clears it up for you.....and of course we'll see what Ralph has to say on the subject!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 08-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACPOSSETIM View Post
I don't personally shoot this setup but have shot one like it before. Not trying to speak for why Ralph shoots this, but If you look close he is using a kisser button. A peep is just another way to verify your anchor point, much like a kisser button does. If you anchor consistenly enough, you should be able to shoot accurately without using a peep sight. A benefit of not using a peep is better vision (not trying to look through a small hole to see your front sight.) in low light conditions. Hope this clears it up for you.....and of course we'll see what Ralph has to say on the subject!!
Tim thanks. I know how that works. I just never notice Ralph or Vickie using a peepless setup. So many Pro-hunters on the TV these days still use a rubber/silicone tube connected peep and I wonder why that is too. Just saying.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Muley

bow drawn, hi buddy, yes I normally don't shoot a peep, I do use a kisser and have for years. There are days my neck just don't want to cooperate so I had to learn how to not rely on a peep. I don't feel it has hurt me at all and now its like second nature. Thks
Old 08-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM_Ralph View Post
bow drawn, hi buddy, yes I normally don't shoot a peep, I do use a kisser and have for years. There are days my neck just don't want to cooperate so I had to learn how to not rely on a peep. I don't feel it has hurt me at all and now its like second nature. Thks
Hey thanks Ralph. Glad to see you posting on here again. Sorry to hear the problems with your neck. That has to be no fun to deal with. I was not saying anything off or negative about not using a peep but on the contrary if anything. Thanks again and have a great season.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Muley

BowDrawn, Hey didn't take anything negative, I think a peep is a plus in a lot of ways, especially if it allows enough light thru on those low light situations. Thanks and have a great season, I am heading down to Ciela Vista in southern CO to hunt elk and can't wait. Vicki just shot a nice pronghorn in WY with Table Rock outfitters so she is pumped.