Old 01-30-2010, 09:24 AM
Muley

Default Fovorite bear bh

Hey bear hunters
Just curipus whats ya'll usin fur broadheads on bear? I have used several including ultimate steel,muzzy,rage,and slick trick. My personal fav has been the slick trick. One of my buddies that hunts with me uses grim reapers 1.375 cut only. I have to say his reapers have left the most massive blood trails of all the heads I've ever seen. What do u guys use and how do you rate your head of choice?? Thanks
Norm
2 many broadheads 2 list
James 1:1-4
Old 01-30-2010, 03:21 PM
Black Bear

HellRazors here!!
HELLRAZORS
Old 01-30-2010, 05:21 PM
Muley

Default hellrazors

dem hellrazors look like surtain death on critters!! hecko bh!!
2 many broadheads 2 list
Old 01-31-2010, 09:59 PM
Bighorn

I've used G5 montecs,strikers and this year was thinking of trying rage's

timba
Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 PM
Muley

Default tried rage last year

Timba
I tried the rage 3 blade last fall. With all the hooting and hollering i had to try. I also shot a doe with the 2 blade last fall. Both heads performed well dispaching the critters quick. I didn't have the red carpet blood trail that everyone says the have. Just a drop here and a small splash there. No better than any other head I've used. Both hits were 2x lung shots as well. Both heads had to be thrown out after one use. bent ferrules. Did they do the job...yes.Would I use them again...no...just a passing fancy for me. Going to stay with the fixed this year. Hope they work well fur ya!!! Fyi the bear i got last fall with the rage 3 blade went only 23 yards after impact.
Norm
2 many broadheads 2 list
Old 02-01-2010, 10:23 AM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by whacky View Post
Timba
I tried the rage 3 blade last fall. With all the hooting and hollering i had to try. I also shot a doe with the 2 blade last fall. Both heads performed well dispaching the critters quick. I didn't have the red carpet blood trail that everyone says the have. Just a drop here and a small splash there. No better than any other head I've used. Both hits were 2x lung shots as well. Both heads had to be thrown out after one use. bent ferrules. Did they do the job...yes.Would I use them again...no...just a passing fancy for me. Going to stay with the fixed this year. Hope they work well fur ya!!! Fyi the bear i got last fall with the rage 3 blade went only 23 yards after impact.
Norm
Thanks for the info whacky,maybe I'll stay with my G5 strrikers then.I was going to try the rage becasue of all the hype about the great blood trail.Maybe I'll give the striker magnums a try instead.

timba

Last edited by timba; 02-01-2010 at 10:25 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 11:10 PM
Caribou

My fave's are Hellrazors or Spitfires. It's hard to beat a hole a spitfire puts in them, but if you're going after BIG bears or are shooting lower K.E. I'd go with the Hellrazors!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!