Old 06-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Whitetail

Default East Coast Team(Posse)

Just wondering why you guys are starting to put on teams from the east coast when every deer they kill is from the mid west, looks like you would just find mid west teams, seems kind of like cheating to use east coast as a marketing ploy if they dont hunt east coast, just wondering, thanks...
Old 06-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Black Bear

As one of the east coast posse I'll have to say that we do the most of our hunting in our home state and usually only go to the midwest for one week out of the season.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:28 AM
Caribou

As a Midwest Posse member, I'll admit it's hard to leave our home area to hunt other places....especially during the rut!!! It's kinda like leaving the Yukon to hunt Eastern Canada for Moose. Eastern Canada has excellent hunting in it's own right, but the Yukon it one of the best places you can hope to hunt. That being said, the main reason a large number of deer are killed in the midwest is that a big portion of the Posse live and hunt in the there. However, I'd love to do a late season hunt out East or even a southeastern hunt. Maybe a combo hunt with hogs or gators.....hmmm, now you've got me thinking

Sorry, I also meant to say, it's not a marketing ploy...a lot of Posse members swap hunts with each other. We are just expanding our hunting family and opening up new opportunities to eachother. Hopefully you'll be seeing some east coast deer soon!

Also where do you hunt in KS? I've hunted there a few times....had a great time!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!

Last edited by ACPOSSETIM; 06-16-2009 at 02:36 AM. Reason: Forgot to add
Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Whitetail

possetim, thanks for your reply, im not complaining about people from the midwest not going east, im talking about the teams from the east having to come to our turf to kill deer to be put on tv, seems like if they were good enough to be PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS, they could kill good deer on the own turf. I hunt alot of different areas in ks, depending on what farms look like pre season, mostly in unit 6 and 8
Old 06-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Musk Ox

Rule one of shooting big bucks...

Go where the big bucks are!!!

We get some decent deer here on the east coast...

Some nice big bucks once in a blue moon....

Chances go way up out west...

If these guys are anything like me they hunt hard from Sept through Nov on our "home turf" and spend one week out west...
Slick Trick 85 grain
HHA Single Pin Sights
Old 06-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Caribou

KS I'd be the first to admit, I'm far from a professional hunter. I think many of the Posse would say the same, we are just a bunch of dedicated hunters who work hard and love to share the experiences we have with others. We are fortunate to have opportunities to hunt in different locations around the country and many of them happen to be in the midwest.

When I hunt KS I usually go to Richmond, Lawrence, Garnett area, unit 9 if I remember right.

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:23 PM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdeerhunter View Post
possetim, thanks for your reply, im not complaining about people from the midwest not going east, im talking about the teams from the east having to come to our turf to kill deer to be put on tv, seems like if they were good enough to be PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS, they could kill good deer on the own turf. I hunt alot of different areas in ks, depending on what farms look like pre season, mostly in unit 6 and 8
I Think what has been on the show from the "EAST" Has been "GOOD DEER" from thier home "TURF".........The term good deer is the same in both east and west if your talking about age class but not in antler size.......
Old 06-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Moose

Read the hunting diary and you will see one story of a good PA deer and another one soon to be posted. You will see some good hunts from the Virginia family to. Like I always said a 130 inch deer on the east coast is equivalent to a 180 inch midwest deer in my opinion. I will admit I envy you midwest guys. Dont take for granted how lucky you midwest folks are. But remember size doesnt always matter its all about enjoying the hunt. Happy Hunting!
Old 06-16-2009, 07:57 AM
Whitetail

oneshot how many eastern hunts have you had on the show vrs midwest hunts?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksdeerhunter View Post
oneshot how many eastern hunts have you had on the show vrs midwest hunts?
My Wife and I have had 2 hunts on the show; one from home and, one from Ks.