#1  
Old 04-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Liege's Avatar
Liege Liege is offline
Antelope
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wainwright, Alberta
Posts: 113
Default Baiting time is here!!!!!!

Picked up the oats today; just have to mix in the old fryer oil, sugar and liquid smoke. I'm going to go up for a look next week, although I here there is still a lot of snow in the bush. The old Argo on tracks will be alright, though. Got my meat scraps and the secret ingredient all lined up; might even put the barrels out next week, if I have time. Can't wait to lower the boom on Mr. bear with the Rezen!!! Good luck and good hunting to all who are going bear hunting this spring.

Gord
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:45 PM
timba's Avatar
timba timba is offline
Bighorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: alberta,canada
Posts: 1,786
Default

I still have to make a trip out to the father in laws to get some oats but now my besnard lake bear trip is back on so may 9th we'll head up there and put out the baits.I can't wait.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-06-2009, 03:47 PM
timba's Avatar
timba timba is offline
Bighorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: alberta,canada
Posts: 1,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liege View Post
Picked up the oats today; just have to mix in the old fryer oil, sugar and liquid smoke. I'm going to go up for a look next week, although I here there is still a lot of snow in the bush. The old Argo on tracks will be alright, though. Got my meat scraps and the secret ingredient all lined up; might even put the barrels out next week, if I have time. Can't wait to lower the boom on Mr. bear with the Rezen!!! Good luck and good hunting to all who are going bear hunting this spring.

Gord

are you mixing your oats,oil, sugar and liquid smoke all together in a barrel?Is there big jugs of liquid smoke?I can only find the little bottles in llyod at nutters.

sheldon
__________________

Last edited by timba; 04-06-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-06-2009, 07:54 PM
bear2's Avatar
bear2 bear2 is offline
Muley
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 42
Default

We can get it in gallons, 5 gallons etc. but I don't think you want to pay shipping from here to there. Try a restaurant supply or even your local diner may be able to order it for you. It shoul be WAY cheaper than the little bottles.Good luck with the baits.
__________________
Big Woods Taxidermy LLC
www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
http://www.bigbearscents.com/ Pro Staff
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-09-2009, 09:58 PM
blackbearguide blackbearguide is offline
Whitetail
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1
Default big bear scents

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear2 View Post
We can get it in gallons, 5 gallons etc. but I don't think you want to pay shipping from here to there. Try a restaurant supply or even your local diner may be able to order it for you. It shoul be WAY cheaper than the little bottles.Good luck with the baits.
Your pro staff for big bear scents thats awesome. I've used their shellfish and anise sprays for a couple years now and it works awesome!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-13-2009, 07:09 PM
bear2's Avatar
bear2 bear2 is offline
Muley
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: WI
Posts: 42
Default

Sorry it took so long to respond. We have been extremely busy unloading and selling bear bait lately (about 13,000#) this weekend alone plus still running the studio full time & getting ready for Quebec. You can't shoot enough. Yes Big Bear Scents are strong best I've found to date & Dave is easy to work with.
Are you a guide if so where.
__________________
Big Woods Taxidermy LLC
www.bigwoodstaxidermy.com
http://www.bigbearscents.com/ Pro Staff
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-2009, 09:26 AM
sandilands sandilands is offline
Muley
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Winnipeg MB CAN
Posts: 38
Default

I have 5 baits set and 2 more to go out. I hunt in a party of 4 guys but we like to have a few extra sites in case the bears are a little slow on some sites. We're using oats, corn, grease, pigskins and stink baits. I couldn't get any beaver again but we have pails of rotten chicken and fish that seem to work. Another trip is planned soon to set up the last 2 sites and to double up on the grease at the existing sites
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Liege's Avatar
Liege Liege is offline
Antelope
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wainwright, Alberta
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timba View Post
are you mixing your oats,oil, sugar and liquid smoke all together in a barrel?Is there big jugs of liquid smoke?I can only find the little bottles in llyod at nutters.

sheldon
I'm using the little bottles for now, as that stuff goes a long way. Halford Hides in Edmonton brings in the bigger bottles (16 oz, I think), but they don't have any right now. I have some friends driving up from the States later on this year, and I'll get them to pick up a case or two of the gallon jugs. Do you want some? let me know.

Gord
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 AM
timba's Avatar
timba timba is offline
Bighorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: alberta,canada
Posts: 1,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liege View Post
I'm using the little bottles for now, as that stuff goes a long way. Halford Hides in Edmonton brings in the bigger bottles (16 oz, I think), but they don't have any right now. I have some friends driving up from the States later on this year, and I'll get them to pick up a case or two of the gallon jugs. Do you want some? let me know.

Gord

Ya let me know what they cost I might be looking for a jug or 2.I like to mix the liquid smoke with fish guts.

sheldon
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump