Old 04-02-2009, 12:04 AM
Whitetail

Default Grizzley Bear bow hunting

Hey guys i have watched most of your shows and i was wondering if either of u have ever harvested a grizzley bear with a bow. I have recently drawn a grizzley draw for the first time in 5 years. Is it out of the norm for for the average bow hunter to attempt this feat of taking a grizz, Or is this what separates the men from the boys, u know what i mean sorry vicki lol. So i am just wondering what are your experiences with grizzley and how would u go about doing it and what precautions would u take other than having sombody with a gun for back up?
Old 04-04-2009, 01:08 AM
Muley

Matt man I'd have to say have a buddy with a rifle bear mace and ur will written lol... No have a hunting buddy know your area, do it from a stand and dont freakn miss. I know of a guy that wounded a grizz and it almost got the better of him. 6 months hospital a ton of stiches. He was using a .338 special so. if it wasnt for his back up he'd be dead. get ahold of the gunsmith in pritchard and he can tell you all about it.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Black Bear

I'm researching a grizz hunt now and have been calling an outfitters references. One guy told me it took 5 good hits to take down his with a .325 wsm. I'm looking at .375 H&H or .416 rigby.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Whitetail

Default Tough Grizzly's

If you want a great book that has alot of great grizzly stories in it, try Weldon Parsons book called "Adventures of a Canadian Big Game Guide". Weldon has guided all over in B.C, Alberta and the Yukon back in the years when it was really wild. As in 1950-60's. I read it and bought 5 more after to give as gifts. Should be able to find it somewhere on the net. Awsome book and it tells many stories of how people went in with some really big guns and big ego's and came out fairly humbled.
Check it out guys and gals!!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 AM
Musk Ox

Good luck, has to be THE hunt.

Chasing the number one land based big predator in the world has to make your heart race almost none stop while doing it. I just read a story in Bowhunter mag about a guy with a guide that did this hunt successfully.

Personally if I was in his boots they would have been filled with body fluids by the time the hunt was over. He was very close to his trophy grizzely bear.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Whitetail

Send a message via ICQ to bucky2fish Send a message via AIM to bucky2fish Send a message via Yahoo to bucky2fish Send a message via Skype™ to bucky2fish

Met Ron Murphy while hunting with Renfro's Alaskan Advetures in 05. Ron shot a P&Y brown bear at 10 yds., but Terry (Ralph and Vicki's guide) had a 338 ultra mag as back up. Good luck and respect the bears.