Old 02-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Bighorn

Default bear bait barrels

This is probably a stupid question but do you think there is a need for making bear bait barrels.The reason I ask this is my father in law has a rotational molding set up were I could custom make barrels and deer feeders.Myself I would like to have a plastic barrel that had a hinged lid on the top and different size barrels.

timba
Old 02-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Elk

Depends if they are legal in your area. They are not in WI.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Antelope

How much would it cost to make them up? A hinged lid would be awesome. I would also look at a smaller barrel/box for beaver carcasses, rigged up so that you could chain it to a tree. Something like that would have been pretty handy when a guy was guiding for a living.

Gord
Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Bighorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liege View Post
How much would it cost to make them up? A hinged lid would be awesome. I would also look at a smaller barrel/box for beaver carcasses, rigged up so that you could chain it to a tree. Something like that would have been pretty handy when a guy was guiding for a living.

Gord
I guess the cost would depend on how many I could sell to make it worth while to have the mold made.I'll ask the father in law what he thinks,he has had a plastic's company for a few years.I think the bigest cost of setting up is the mold after that there isn't much too it.

timba
Old 02-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Whitetail

i dont lik them bera none. they can put a smak on you.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Antelope

Bears are lots of fun to hunt, you just have to have a healthy respect for them and understand that you have to be prepared for the unexpected. I agree they can be, and are dangerous, just be prepared. Having said that, there's no rush like a bear standing up on your ladder for a closer look(?). One of my guides sat with a hunter one night; two different stands, two trees, about five feet apart. A young boar came in, acting ornery, and that bear came right up the tree steps to the very bottom of the guide's stand in the blink of an eye. The hunter reached out with his rifle and shot the bear when he reached over the edge of the stand. Exciting (?!??), to say the least. Personally, this is the kind of thing thaty keeps me coming back to the woods. You just never know what's going to happen out there.

Gord