Release?
Optics?
Stands?
Camo?

If you are switching please tell from what to what and why
Old 01-08-2008, 08:08 AM
Muley

I will start off.

Keeping my Drenalin but also buying a Drenalin LD, plan on using the LD for target and hunting

I am going to be using the new MO camo. Nothing worng with break up just need some new clothes.

I am upgrading from Vortex Diamondbacks to Vortex Vipers ....These binos are great www.vortexoptics.com
for the $ they can not be beat.

I will be shooting FOB's instead of Blazers...I still love the blazers but the FOB's really stabilize my broadheads well.
www.starrflight.com

Everything else is staying the same.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Moose

I switched bows for 2008 Went from a Hoyt Vectrix to a Hoyt Katera. Just needed a new toy. Everything else I will probably keep the same.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Musk Ox

I'm hoping to upgrade from the Hoyt Trykon to the Katera. That and a dozen arrows and I will be set. Well.......I should upgrade my bino's.....and since I started filming most of my hunts this year, I need a few more treestands so we don't have to carry a cameraman stand into the woods with us every time we go out.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Muley

Quote:
Originally Posted by firediver View Post
I'm hoping to upgrade from the Hoyt Trykon to the Katera. That and a dozen arrows and I will be set. Well.......I should upgrade my bino's.....and since I started filming most of my hunts this year, I need a few more treestands so we don't have to carry a cameraman stand into the woods with us every time we go out.
The katera is a very nice bow,,,love how it holds and the draw cycle is very nice.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:00 AM
Caribou

I switched from a Mathews SQ2 to a Hoyt Katera XL. I kept my Cobra Sidewinder sight, Thunderhead broadheads, Limbsaver stabilizer, and my Scott release. EVERYTHING else will be new.

I plan on shooting Beman ICS Hunter Elites and a Trophy Taker dropaway rest. I need to figure out a quiver yet, I'm not sure if I'm going with one by Hoyt, Tru-Glo, or what. Any recommendations?
Old 01-08-2008, 09:50 AM
Black Bear

I'm making the big switch from alum. to carbon arrows.

(Yeah I'm a little slow.)
Old 01-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I switched from a Mathews SQ2 to a Hoyt Katera XL. I kept my Cobra Sidewinder sight, Thunderhead broadheads, Limbsaver stabilizer, and my Scott release. EVERYTHING else will be new.

I plan on shooting Beman ICS Hunter Elites and a Trophy Taker dropaway rest. I need to figure out a quiver yet, I'm not sure if I'm going with one by Hoyt, Tru-Glo, or what. Any recommendations?
I bought a fuse quiver with the quick release this year, WOW. One of the few things I know that I will not change this year. I may get a new bow, arrows, heads, rest, and sight but the quiver is not for sale.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:15 PM
Black Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
I will start off.

Keeping my Drenalin but also buying a Drenalin LD, plan on using the LD for target and hunting

I am going to be using the new MO camo. Nothing worng with break up just need some new clothes.

I am upgrading from Vortex Diamondbacks to Vortex Vipers ....These binos are great www.vortexoptics.com
for the $ they can not be beat.

I will be shooting FOB's instead of Blazers...I still love the blazers but the FOB's really stabilize my broadheads well.
www.starrflight.com

Everything else is staying the same.
Once you get your hands on that LD you might not want to shoot your drenalin. I just got my LD today and now Im thinking about getting ride of my apex7 and my dren. And just getting another LD, one for hunting and the other for 3-D. The only difference between them will be the let off 65 for 3-D. Well OK, maybe it will be black or blue.
Old 01-31-2008, 01:53 PM
Muley

Bow- Hoyt Katera
Sight- Apex Atomic
Release- Still use my Scott Lil Goose
Optics- Don't use binos much
Stands- Ground hunter
Camo- Love the new Mossy Oak Treestand!!
Broadheads- This year I shot the Hellrazors, LOVED'EM! But next season there will be the Nightmare coming out, so most likely will shoot those.

I get a new bow every 2 years plus being a former hunting rep, I still get good benefits from my manufacturers & old co-workers! So I am hanging up my 2006 Hoyt Trykon for the new Katera, and leaving my Truglo sights & quiver on my Trykon and going with the Apex sight and when I saw the new MO Treestand back in July, sorry Realtree, but I am liking the new camo! I have 1 Non-Typical hang on stand that is up, but I am not in it as much and I hunt mainly on the ground, its not that high anyway, like 12 feet. But since I was a rep for Ameristep, I have many salesman samples of stands and no need to change brands because they have great products.