Old 07-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Musk Ox

Default Ontario bear hunting???

Anyone here black bear hunt in Ontario with a great outfitter? With an American style setup and one that provides treestands and great accommodations? And most importantly baiting some trophy size bears.

If there is one - is there any interest in anyone here going next fall since Ontario is a fall hunt only?
Old 07-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Bighorn

BD... look at Pennocks Tourists Service.

I think Randy Hasken took a good one up through them on BearNDown 7
Old 07-31-2008, 04:01 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rick View Post
BD... look at Pennocks Tourists Service.

I think Randy Hasken took a good one up through them on BearNDown 7
Yea I saw that but I thought those two guys did not get a fully guided hunt American style, I thought it was more work they had to do for the hunt. Plus the bear was better than average size for Ontario but not for other provinces.
I'm looking for a full packaged hunt outfitter that I don't have to haul a trailer full of stuff up there to hunt.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Whitetail

Smile

going to ontario this september with sudbury aviation,fly in trip .we just have to bring our own stands and food. area is prebaited.i'll let you know how we do when i get back.the price was pretty reasonable,1500 per person which included fishing and bear license.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOJIM View Post
going to ontario this september with sudbury aviation,fly in trip .we just have to bring our own stands and food. area is prebaited.i'll let you know how we do when i get back.the price was pretty reasonable,1500 per person which included fishing and bear license.
OhioJim I'm here in Ohio too. Out of Columbus. Sounds interesting. What kind of stands are you bringing, hang on or climbers? With an luck you'll be on some great fishing lakes that will provide some shore lunches and added bait. Are they baiting while you are up there hunting? Where are you staying for the hunt? Cabins or tents? Is there a web site? Is this it? http://www.sudburyaviation.on.ca/ If this is the web site the maps show some of the lakes I have fished in above Sudbury. Bears were plentiful in and around our fishing camp. Good luck to you and your group.

I'd be very interested in how you feel the hunt went.

Last edited by Bow Drawn; 08-01-2008 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Whitetail

we are taking hang on stands,and we have to continue the baiting while we are there with bait supplied by them. we will be staying in a cabin on macsmith lake .and yes that is the web site.i'll let youknow how it went.we will be the first bear hunters there since ontario closed the spring season.should be a very good hunt. i'm just outside of shadyside,ohio.

Last edited by OHIOJIM; 08-01-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:28 AM
Whitetail

Default Ontario Bear

http://www.cedarridgelodge.ca/

These ppl are great you have a couple of hunt choices including spot & stalk on horse back.They are located not far from me & we have some big bears in our area.My bear last yr was 375lbs.Check them out.If this is not what your looking for pm me ...we have numerous outfitters in our area.

Kids who HUNT, FISH & TRAP don't mug little old ladies
Old 01-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Musk Ox

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyArcher View Post
http://www.cedarridgelodge.ca/

These ppl are great you have a couple of hunt choices including spot & stalk on horse back.They are located not far from me & we have some big bears in our area.My bear last yr was 375lbs.Check them out.If this is not what your looking for pm me ...we have numerous outfitters in our area.

Kids who HUNT, FISH & TRAP don't mug little old ladies
Thanks. This looks very interesting and from Ohio it's very doable driving in one day without killing yourself. I'll look more into this one.