Old 01-15-2008, 07:21 PM
Caribou

Thumbs up 'Yote time!

Who's excited about gettin' after the coyotes?
What weapon do you use? Calls? Decoys?

I switch back and forth from my AR in .223 and my .300 wby bolt. Right now I just use a couple mouth calls and a cheap Cass Creek predator call but am trying to save up for a FoxPro. Haven't tried a decoy yet but wanting too.

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Moose

Thats something I want to kill so bad. I need one in my trophy room! Anyway here is a pic of one shot by one of my hunting buddy's Raul. Another hunting buddy youngbuck 83 also shot one with the bow 2 years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg raul coyote sm.JPG (35.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 01-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Black Bear

We use mouth calls on open fields. Lots of yotes around here.
I use a Savage 110FP .308 most of the time.
If we are trying to keep a hide, I use a Rem. .243
Old 01-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Bighorn

I just got a new AR 180b .223 for coyote hunting.Here is one I got with my bow this fall.

I've been out a few times with the cass creek eletric call and not have any luck.I'm head out thursday morning to try again.The other night around the acreage the coyotes were howling like crazzy,I've even had them come into the yard in the middle of the night and howl right by the house.Not something I like waking up to.

there are tons of coyotes out here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg n822695045_1311713_7985[1].jpg (34.8 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by timba; 01-16-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Bighorn

Went out hunting coyotes this morning for a few hours.the first place I went I walked in snow up to my knees for a 3/4 of a mile and it was windy and -15 got set up and when the wind would calm down I could here something it was some else calling coyotes in the area

So I went back to the truck after trying for 20 min and decided to find a new spot.I came across a sweet spot to set up on.I sat along a little bush line and called for about 15min and glassing around and about 500yards a coyote was sittng looking my direction,I couldn't get him to come in any closer.He looked my direction for about 10min then diappeared and never saw anything else that morning.I most have gotten busted right of the bat for him not to come in.I'm going to get up early friday and give it a try again.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:14 AM
Muley

I hunt them every feb after deer,duck and goose season is over.

as a mater of fact, I whacked one thursday evening while M.L. hunting at 150 yards with the same set up I got the pig on the day befor. Then Friday I missed a broad side doe at 110 yards??????? Still trying to figure that out.