Go Back   Archer's Choice Media Forums > Hunting Forums > Hog'N Down

Old 06-19-2008, 03:58 AM
Muley

Default When boars get really mad

You know, I thought last night was about as bad as it could get. What I am about to tell you will blow last nights story away. I almost don't want to tell it because it sounds too crazy to be true, but hey, I'm not looking for 5 minutes of fame and if there are those here who don't believe this story, that's ok. I know this, I'll NEVER walk through the hunting area unarmed again..........

Preacher and I were finishing up some shredding and feeder maitanance. When we got back to the gate, all the euro sows came up. We were talking to them and playing around withthem liike we always do. All of a sudden, guess who comes bolting out of the woods! It was that crazy freaking boar again. Preacher hopped the fence and pulled his .40 out. The boar hit the fence trying to get under it at him.

I hollared, "Don't shoot the euro's!!!" Well, that boar looked right at me like I owed him money. The bad thing is, we were on the same side of the fence. I ran for a tree and passed a cattle pannel that I threw down behind me. The hog bolted around and met me face to face. in a temporary pen that we had put up for the sheep. I was unarmed. Not that it would have mattered, he hit the pen twice and turned back towards Preacher who was still on the other side of the fence. The boar ran out about 20 yards and turned back to stare at us.

About that time, Hercules our breeder boar came limping up. He has a 10 inch rip behind his shoulder that looks to be about 2 inches deep. He has a big hole in his ham, and another 6 inch rip in his gut. I'm not sure if he is gonna make it at this time.

Preacher and I are discussing making this hog the Aug. 9th hog. I have never been "scared" like this before over a hog. I have had closer encounters but NEVER this aggressive. I wish I had a video of this because it would give all who seen it a better respect for the trophy boar.

I have heard of cahrges before but like so many people never witnessed one then now I have had two in two days. Today though, the boar was 10 times more aggresive than he was last night.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:10 AM
Caribou

haha, i can laugh now, lol.....you poor things, must have scared the fire out of y'all....
Yestersay, i was waiting for the tractor repair man to get to me and i was taking some pics of this beautiful oak limb with wild butterfly orchids all over it....i hear crunching comng my way, so i stop, looked and i see this pig coming, 20 yds. from me....i got a pic or two and i started grunting like a pig, he freaked out, did a 180 , hauled butt , stopped ,then started doing his growley thing.....at first i was thinking he was going to run my way,i had nothing to jump on, luckily he ran the other way...
Old 06-19-2008, 06:58 AM
Bighorn

thats scary,I would have hard time not shooting him after that.

timba
Old 06-19-2008, 10:27 AM
Musk Ox

Pigs are something that I don't trust until I'm putting them or pieces of,on the grill or stove. My cousin raises them and gets over in the pen with em, rubs their ears and backs while I stand outside the pen deciding which ones gonna taste the best with BBQ sauce.
Call me a chicken or whatever. Heck I trust his 3 bulls more than any of his pigs and 2 of them have attitudes.

Proud Parent of a Marine
Old 06-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Elk

Dude, what's the scoop on Hercules? Glad you're okay. Make sure you're running faster than Randy. I hope your hunters coming in this weekend deal with him. Have you told Tim what happened yet? Maybe he can get you a reenactment on the next Monster Quest. Seriously, as I stated before. I'm glad there was no bloodletting from my two buds. Stay safe my brothas!

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak
Old 06-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Muley

I think i would have been eating bacon for breakfast,
Old 06-23-2008, 02:59 PM
Muley

Yeah that's pretty scary Nate. I think a hunter needs to be taking him out pretty soon before someone does get hurt. Just remember though, you don't have to be a fast runner you just need to out run the preacher. Sorry Randy. lol
www.benpearson.com
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
www.mossyoak.com
Starr Flight FOB Pro Staff
www.starrflight.com
Pro String Pro Staff
www.prostring.com
Predator Pendulum Sight Field Staff
www.predatoriv.com
Old 06-23-2008, 03:10 PM
Bighorn

Nate... 2 things...

First - DON'T GET KILLED BEFORE WE GET A CHANCE TO GO HUNT WITH YOU!!! Man haven't you been reading my posts! We've had too much go wrong already and dang near lost the chance!!

2nd, and most inportant...

What's the story on Herc! I'm looking forward to seeing him.

I'm glad you and Preacher are ok. For those that don't know, Preacher is a BIG OL man. And I mean tree trunk big. Nate ain't no slouch either for that matter, but Preacher is a big 'un. Nate's full time job is among the most dangerous of them all.

It kinda reminds me of the T-shirt a bomb-tech I knew wore all the time:

IF YOU SEE ME RUNNING... TRY AND KEEP UP!

When these two bolt, you gotta know that was one MONSTER of a boar.
Old 06-30-2008, 07:40 AM
Muley

No worries Rick. I'm still kicking. We are gonna have a blast. I am looking forward to meeting you and your family.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:07 AM
Whitetail

Default hunt

tdm69 wrote:
Quote:
Just remember though, you don't have to be a fast runner you just need to out run the preacher. Sorry Randy.

Hey Terry,
I learned along time ago, if you ain't the fastest runner, be the best at tripping.