Old 05-28-2008, 10:58 AM
Antelope

Default Traditional Shooters

Just wondering if anyone on here shoots recurve or longbow?

I used to bowfish all the time with a recurve. Always loved shooting one but got away from it over the years. Well I've got the bug again and have started shooting one again, hoping to get good enough to try to hunt with it a couple times this year.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Moose

Pffff...I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a traditional bow! It might be kinda fun to try, though.

http://www.huntsd.net/

http://www.beesource.com/forums/index.php

http://www.purgatoryironworks.com
Old 05-28-2008, 01:39 PM
Moose

I have been playing with mine a couple of years. If I keep at it I feel pretty confident. I want to try and hunt this fall with it. But when I check my trail cams and get a pic of 150 inch I tend to get cold feet. Next turkey season I plan on using it too. I just got to get used to shooting it in a blind. They are lots of fun though.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Muley

I have been shooting recurves and longbows the past 6 years, I have just got my compound in feb, the first time since I started shooting recurves.
FUN is all I can say shooting recurves n longbows, efective also, just gotta keep the shots close..
To avoid headaches get the right spine arrow. do Not go by the spine charts, more than likely you will be way over spined. depending on draw wt.

What bow are you going to shoot? pounds and draw lnth? arrows? wood, alum, carbon?
Old 05-28-2008, 02:59 PM
Musk Ox

I'd like to find one that's left-handed. I hunted with one years ago (pre compound era). It was a RH Bear recurve.

My little brother bought a Ben Pearson recently at a yard sale for less than $10. When he went to get a string for it, a bidding war broke out, right in the middle of Gander Mountain's bow shop. He finally got them all to understand it wasn't for sale, got the string and left with promises to let them know if he decides to sell it. Haha! He was so upset about the whole thing, he forgot to get arrows and drove the 60miles home before he realized it. Now he's after me to get him some and bring them up the next time I head to his house.

Proud Parent of a Marine

Last edited by Va Hunter; 05-28-2008 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Antelope

I guess I'm Bi-Bow! ONLY!
Old 05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Antelope

SEE what I mean!