View Single Post
Old 04-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Antelope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Firediver knows what he's talking about, those measurements are supposed to be done after skinning but go with what your taxidermist wants.
I am not doubting that he knows what he is talking about, but my taxidermist said make sure to do those measurments before any cuts are made, he said this will ensure a good fitting mount and will actually be a bit bigger than if you were to measure it once caped. This taxidermist has been working for over 30 years. I will actaullay do both sets of measurments after harvest and after skinning to be on the safe side.

Thanks again for the replies

BTW: I got my hands on a huge alaskian style duffle bag with wheels and telescoping handle to put all my gear in, and strap my gun case to the bag. Does anyone know of the restrictions that I can put in the bag as far as scent spray, thermacell canisters, thermacell devices and binoculars. What and if I should use a carry on bag. The flight is less than 5 hours total between both flights. I wonder if I should carry my camera and bino in a carry on or stuff them in the duffle bag?