Thread: show me
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 10:14 AM
Elk

125 -150 lbs is fairly small IMHO to consider an average unless your including piglets. I would guess that the average mature hog I see is about 200 lbs. The sow hanging in my pic was 200 lbs. the boar looks unimpressive because of the terrible angle. There was a big stick I used to prop him up because I didn't find him until the next day but he was 300 on the scale. He is the biggest I've taken. My buddy has a number of hogs that will go 300-400 lbs. The place where I shot the black boar in the pic, my buddy the landowner, was charged at 30 yards by a 600 pounder. He twisted his ankle in the process but was able to jump out of the way. He recently shot a 350+ pound hog with 3" tusks. He was a bruiser. I recently missed a 400 lb sow. I see them quite a bit pushing 300 lbs but I never seem to be hunting them at that moment darnit! They're short little creatures but they've definately got some weight to them.

Kevin

Pro Staff: Bowtech, Alpen Optics, ThermaCELL, Hawglite, RedHawk Archery, StarrFlight Archery, ProString, Valkyrie Archery, Global Outfitters, Buck Bomb, Mossy Oak