View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 07:37 AM
Musk Ox

Well, We saw turkeys but didn't bring anything home. At first light, some hens started yelping and before it was all over, we had 7 hens in the field in front of us. All were yelping, purring, clucking and chasing each other around. 3 gobblers on the ridge above were, blowing the fog loose, but never flew down with the hens. The hens ended going one way, the gobblers another. Later that morning, we had 3 or 4 gobblers come to my calls, but stayed out of shotgun range. They never made a peep, just showed up. The biggest one was sporting one heck of a beard. While telling the wife about it later, she commented that them big birds didn't get big by being stupid. Oh well, he's still there and hopefully I'll get back over there and make his aquaintance before seasons over.

All in all, a good day. He grinned and said as we were leaving, "If we got something everytime, it'd be called killing not hunting". I think he's been listening closer to me than I thought. Either that or he's a lot more mature than I thought.

Proud Parent of a Marine