View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Caribou

Well I've got good news and bad news. Went to my blind again friday evening, it was hot, in the low 90's. there is water right there so I thought it might be good. The deer were coming out and quit a few of them, they must have gotten used to the blind as they did not pay any attention to it. I was ranging deer all night trying to pick out some yardage markers, it was hard to tell yardages in the turnips and radishes. Right before dark the big boy came out, he was walking and looking at the blind but then he looked away and kept walking. I pulled back and stopped him just before he got out of my shooting lane. I thought he was at 45 yards where I ranged some earlier, so I settled my pin and yanked the trigger, yes I said yanked, and watched my arrow fly over his back. I think he had me a little worked up. I did find his tracks at 37 yards the next day looking for my arrow but either way I know I rushed the shot. So I will let it rest for a while and try again. I have shot does out of my blind but this is the first time I have had a big boy by the blind, it is alot different than out of a tree. I think I need to get him under a tree.
SLICK TRICKS
APEX NITRUS SIGHT