Thread: Caribou help
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Whitetail

Default Caribou help

I have done some looking around and have found that Ralph, Vicki and the Posse are the authorities on hunting for caribou. I have booked a hunt with Safari Nordik for this September, this will be my first guided hunt and was wondering if you could give me some hints. Knowing what you know now what would you have done different on your first caribou hunt? What piece of equipment would you have brought, what would you leave behind. Along with watching your Cruising for Caribou I have watched every thing about caribou that I can get my hands on. My plan is to hunt with a 300 wsm first than tag out with my bow. Is this a good plan?I will be driving to Montreal, any advice for the border. What needs to be done with my caribou to make it back across, Safari Nordik says that they will handle all of this, just wondering if there is something that I can do to make this whole hunt go smoothly. Thank you for any help that you can give. I plan on see Ralph and Vicki at Cabela's in Dundee Michigan, what time of day are you going to be there?