View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 03:28 PM
Caribou

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by firediver View Post
There were no tags on the deer but I just assumed that an unlucky hunter had lost their deer out of the back of their truck. I made a quick call to the Sheriff's office to report my find and the dispatcher advised me that a hunter had his deer stolen from a public hunting location about 5 miles to the north. He had pulled his deer to the side of the road and when he returned with his truck...the deer was gone.
Are y'all sure the deer was stolen from the hunter? I mean, why would someone steal a deer then leave it on the side of the road? I am thinking the hunter couldn't find his way back to his deer—trust me, we have had to help out of town hunters find their campsite and even where they parked their truck!

Plus, in Texas, no tag would mean a stiff fine even if the deer was stolen from him unless he could show where his license was filled out correctly (assuming the thief removed the tag so the deer wouldn't be identifiable) b/c you are supposed to immediately tag the deer.
-- Lucille Ball