View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Caribou

yup Bottle neck cases have to be larger than .30 caliber and a case length of 1.4" or shorter. Any straight wall cartridge of .30 caliber or larger available as a factory load with a published muzzle energy of 500 ft. lbs. There is no length limit on straight walled cases. Centerfire revolvers or single shots only, no semi's, minimum barrel length of 4". Muzzle loaders have to have a barrel length of 16" so no muzzle loading revolvers either. I haven't searched that much, but I can't think of any bottle neck cases that are that short except maybe the .357 sig and I don't think that's available in anything but an auto loader.

So basically a 30-30 is not legal but a straight wall like a .600 nitro express is perfectly legal!!! Seems like someone who wrote the regs doesn't quite understand ballistics or energy.

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!