View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Bighorn

Default Hoyt String Shox vs Limb Saver String Leeches

So I get the bow restrung. It shoots really well, but I have a REALLY bad vibration after the shot. I took a look at the string shox and they appear to be pretty worn. So I guess I need to replace them, but I am torn.

So... What do you all think about:

1: String Shox
I like the low profile of these doo dads, but they sure let go when they go. Also if you can tell me where to find these things I'd appreciate it.

2: String Leeches
I had these on my previous bow, and I really noticed how they shut the vibe down. I can find these all over.

The other thing I noticed is that the string stopper before the string replacement was in contact with the string. After restringing, there was about a 1/4 inch of gap between the string and the vibe pad. I moved the shaft of the stopper out to contact the string again, but now I am rethinking that.

If I leave it with the gap, man that string slaps it like it owes it money... If I move it out, I get a seriously loud hum or a subdued twang after the shot. If I completely remove it all together, the bow almost vibrates out of my hand. Obviously I need to keep it on the bow, but I can't seem to figure out how to completely get rid of that hum. Hoping the Shox or Leeches will solve it.