View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Caribou

Where in SK are you thinking of going? I've hunted 107 miles north of LaLoche several times, you'll have a great trip!! lots of color phase bears up there. Depending on the year, I've found May is typically better. The bears seem to be a little more active, it's still relativley cool, and less greenery for them to munch on. If you are wanting to do a lot of fishing while there then the earliest I'd go would be the last week of may. I've been there the 3rd week and most lakes were still iced over. The first week of June, can be good too but if you have an early spring it can get a little warm and shut some of the activity down. Also, remember the later you go the better chance your bear may have rubs on it. Good Luck!!

Don't miss the new epidsodes of ARCHERS CHOICE. Mondays at 10:00am, Tuesday at 6:00 am and Sundays at 12:00 est!!