View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Whitetail

Default Alberta Bear Hunt

Outfitter was Alberta Bear Busters west of High Level. Pat McLean runs a great camp. This is a story I've shared with family and friends. The pictures are in order of the story. Hope you enjoy.......

The Spirit Was There

I'd like to share with ya'll this amazing and some what spiritual hunt of my life. This hunt was for and with my Dad. Before he died we talked about me going on a hunt with some of my inheritance. At the time I didn't know what kind of hunt I wanted to do. In more ways than one I felt like Dad was there with me. I thought of him and mom often and wondered how they would have loved the country side. After sitting for 7 hours in a tree stand on the last night of the hunt I was not real optimistic about going home with two bears, but I was alright with it. Doesn't sound like me, does it?

The hunt was top notch and very fruitful. The first night Danny and I both shot our first bears. Brian scored on the third night with his first. The fifth night Brain scored again. Night #6 was Danny's turn to tag out with his second bear. The final 7th night with about 10 minutes of shooting light left I thought I was going home with just one bear and then back in the thick timber a branch broke. It all happened so fast. Turn the camera on, grabbed the bow and saw this beautiful blonde bear come into the bait. After the shot I was a total wreck as evident on the film. Ya, I got the shot on film. It was dark when the guides showed up and we started tracking. There wasn't much blood and the guides were afraid it wasn't a kill shot. Something just told me that we would find this bear. About 80 yds. of hands and knees searching I shinned the flash light on a beautiful blonde bear laying dead. At that moment I turn to heaven to thank God and a flood of emotions erupted and Dad was there. My thoughts were that he nourished me with the desire and knowledge to hunt and fish. It was also his money that helped me finance the hunt and just maybe he helped to bring the bear to me in such a special way. I blubbered and cried a little then and back at camp when I told everybody this hunt was for Dad as much as me. It was such a special and blessed feeling that I couldn't help but think he even helped in finding the bear.

With all that said this hunt was for Dad as much as me.

He wasn't the biggest bear in camp but he became THE BEAR OF THE CAMP.

________
Ford Model 48

Last edited by GRM; 02-26-2011 at 10:55 AM.