Thread: Newbie Help
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 06:46 AM
Black Bear

Rick get your mind out of the gutter, she's talking about the other beaver. LOL

Monie; just depends on the area an the number of animal living in it, I usaully can set 6-8 in an 2 hour period depend on what property I'm at that day. Try targeting all species also as this will allow you to have more traps in an area. Beaver, Coons, Otters, Muskrats and Mink all co-exist in the wild so they all can be trap pretty close together.

Once you have your first traps set you can add more each time you go back till you have the number of traps you want out. WHen checking you line you might want to have an back up plan for the kids because things don't always go the way you want either.

I was called in to an property to do some nusience beaver removal afew years ago, I set 8 conibears in about 400 yards of flooded creek bottom took me about 2 1/2 hours before I left I already had an muskrat. Finished setting at around 6pm went back the next afternoon as I was in the area, 7 of the 8 were fired with 6 Beaver and 1 Muskrat in under 24 hours of them being set. Also that same day checked other traps I had across the road (5) had another Beaver and two Otter there. Needless to say I was busy for alittle while after that Even dropped afew off at my Dad's for him to do for me because it was just to many for me to do at one time. Never had an other night like that in the last 3 years. Just like deer hunting sometimes everything just comes together.

Matt