Thread: question
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Muley

I agree with those have suggested they didn't want to hear the cameraman, er I mean cameraperson (or even a guide for that matter of fact), tell the hunter / shooter when to shoot. I'll even add a little more to that, I also don't want to hear the hunter ask the cameraperson if they have the game animal on film in order to give them the nod to shoot. And for cryin' out loud, don't be turning around to look at the cameraperson for approval to proceed when the game is right in front of you. OH YA, that looks like reality in a true hunting situation!

I can't believe that in this day and age of modern technology, that someone can't come up with a silent, and unseen method allowing the team of the shooter and the cameraperson to be on the same page as to when or when not to shoot. Like good grief, we use laser range finders that allow us to know the exact distance to within inches to any item or game within 1000 yards of us. We use digital cameras that provide countless opportunities to film and also edit to an amazing degree. We gather information from trail cameras and monitors for 24 hours per day that can all be downloaded onto a tiny little chip then onto a portable laptop. And any or all of these goodies can be powered by solar energy and use LEDs, silicone technology and even transmissions utilizing satilite communications.

And then we still hear someone say outloud in a hunting situation, "O.K. You can shoot now". Or else we hear the hunter say, "Have you got the shot? Can I shoot now?" YEE GADS!

Could it not be as simple as having a small transmitter operated by the cameraperson that would turn on, or illuminate the outer sight guard ring, or an LED indicator in or around a scope or gun sights that would show the hunter that the game animal was on film and the hunter had the nod to let 'er fly?

Or even use two cell phones both set to vibrate. One in the hunter's pocket and the other preset to dial the hunter's cell number when the game is in frame. When the hunter's cell phone is vibrating, he/she can shoot.........OH wait! That might not work. Some hunter's might be too distracted with other things on their minds!

I too get a kick out of the banter between the hunter and cameraperson in the tree stand or on the ground when no animal is in sight, or after the shot is taken. But when the animal is in view....SHHHHHHHHHHHH! Be vewy quiet! We're hunting wabbits!

And like OMG! Viewers can tell when emotions are genuine or a "put on"! Keep it real. If your emotions and reactions explode for real, then let 'er roll! Don't script the after shot reactions or the downed animal scene. A hunter displaying what is perceived as faked reactions by jumping up and down, sceaming nonsensical cries and trying to give high 5s to a guide who hasn't got the foggiest clue what they're doing, is lame! Plain and simple!

TBow